[Updated for 1.12.x] Kerbal Local Time, a local time plugin.

R-T-B

This is Kerbal Local Time, a local 24H time scaling plugin as described here:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/53968-022-kerbal-local-time-beta-11/

The original plugin is quite old, and the links for it are dead. This has been updated for 1.12.x, and a few changes made. I will list the changes below:

1.) The clock is no longer a part. It is available in most scenes, and can be activated by hitting "F7." This is to save you toolbar space! I may eventually add a toolbar widget though. SHIFT-F7 activates the settings menu, btw.

2.) All the old art was missing and lost to the ages, so I made do with just simple GUI strings. As such, it looks more basic than the original, but it gets the job done.

3.)  Implemented the ability to use the plugin in more scenes than just flight (though you will only see KSC time).

4.) Implemented proper UI Scaling support.

5.) Updated for 1.12.x (obviously).

Enjoy! The way it is written, it will work for even modded systems! As long as the KSC is not moved, that is. (It will still work if that happens, KSC time just may no longer be accurate).

Ideas for the future:

1.) Hotkey customization.

2.) GUI toolbar widget support.

3.) "I moved the KSC, halp" support.

All ideas will be worked on when and if I get time from the mainline Kopernicus project, which is my KSP1 priority.

Source:  https://github.com/R-T-B/KerbalLocalTime/

Original thread; 

Downloads:

https://github.com/R-T-B/KerbalLocalTime/releases

Screenshots:

3fZ2Bgd.png

51lXxWu.png

Edited by R-T-B

• 4 weeks later...

Original mod creator here, thanks for keeping the mod alive :)

Whenever I get time, I can send you the old digital clock-like images if you want. Your screenshots seem to show some weird time zones compare to what I've seen back in the days. I'll try to have a look as well. The game's code might have changed a lot, but I know I have an old build that I carried across KSP versions that managed to keep consistent without rebuilding anything.

15 hours ago, Dexter9313 said:

Original mod creator here, thanks for keeping the mod alive :)

Whenever I get time, I can send you the old digital clock-like images if you want. Your screenshots seem to show some weird time zones compare to what I've seen back in the days. I'll try to have a look as well. The game's code might have changed a lot, but I know I have an old build that I carried across KSP versions that managed to keep consistent without rebuilding anything.

I believe the screenshots were taken on an old build that indeed, had some timezone issues.  I've since patched them.  Very cool mod idea btw, it was an honor to update the old code I could find, and honestly, I  use it in my personal game (along with a patched Kronometer build to keep the main game clock in sync with the KSC's local time).

The newest build should be accurate, although it considers the KSC timezone "KMT" time, in line with my needs.  You are welcome of course to fork my (your) work, this is more for me first and "anyone else who might want it" second.  It'd be awesome to see an old time modder return to the fold if you have a different vision for it.

As for the art assets, I'm fine with the mod as is but you are welcome agsain, to do whatever you wish if you'd like.

Changes in my code base include removing a few small hardcoded points for proper rescale support (at least, I think I remember doing that), implementing UI_SCALE support, and of course, the changes to work without the art.  Oh, and I bound it to the (unused) F7 key rather than a partmodule, of course.

PS:  If anyone has an interest in a patched Kronometer to work with this mod, please post.  I'll upload it but only if there is an actual interested user, or two.

Edited by R-T-B

On 3/8/2023 at 4:32 AM, Kwebib said:

So, "Local Time" is the time on the local celestial body, and "KSC Time" is the time at the KSC. What is "Kerbin Related Time"?

That would be the local time of the surface of the reference body if you were to draw a line to its surface.  I assume you are on the Mun or Minmus? If you were on Kerbin it would say "Sun Related Time" and probably always be noon (because lets be honest, it's aways day on the surface of a star).

Edited by R-T-B

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.