The Cricket Program and other Early Access shenanigans!

Minmus Taster

My first missions in KSP2!

Cricket 1 was a simple orbital rocket which got Jeb into LKO. It sadly wasn't as lucky getting him back though. I accidently decoupled the upper stage while experimenting with timewarp. Jeb was then flung out into the void after a kraken while trying to push his capsule on his own.

Spoiler

64XPaNQ.png

ja1ikBu.png

WfPATnX.png

Cricket 2 was an attempted repeat mission with SRBs and a nice paintjob but a bug made the rocket impossible to steer leading to a failure to orbit. However Valentina was brought home in one piece. Though it seems now that due to a glitch she may have died during recovery somehow.

Spoiler

rEETCv6.png

HHGS694.png

Edit: Wow, I'm the first here? Cool!

Edited by Minmus Taster

Cricket 3 was supposed to be a Munar landing and return flight, at least it managed the first part. Tim C was chosen for this flight since Jeb is stranded in orbit, Val might be dead(?) and Tim, being a new default character, was the subject of my morbid curiosity. After several attempts involving kraken attacks I went in for a direct landing to get on the ground as fast as possible. The landing stage had it's fuel eaten by the kraken so the return stage was used for the touchdown.  Tim got out and planted the flag but due to a bug he is unable to reenter at this moment.

Spoiler

sFsg66E.png

eXHOfdU.png

FPJOwks.png

DstvNTD.png

qibkUl7.png

Loving this game (minus the bugs and performance problems). It's nice there are actually flat areas on other planets you can land on that still look interesting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.