A couple of problems i am VERY disgruntled about

1. Completely dysfunctional camera.

The camera in any space only ever has one center/focus (i'm sorry, i can't really describe this well) it rotates around, and which can't be changed. This means that i can't get a good look at the KSC, or my craft inside the VAB.

2. I can't even play tutorials!

When i tried to do a tutorial, the game just played the first two or three seconds of the tutorial video, and then gives a notification that i have supposedly completed the tutorial, when i never even got a chance!

Besides this, there are numerous other problems already covered by others. I am already regretting getting KSP2. Definitely won't recommend to anyone at its current state. KSP2 is a half-unplayable mess!

1 minute ago, Maria Sirona said:

1. Completely dysfunctional camera.

The camera in any space only ever has one center/focus (i'm sorry, i can't really describe this well) it rotates around, and which can't be changed. This means that i can't get a good look at the KSC, or my craft inside the VAB.

2. I can't even play tutorials!

When i tried to do a tutorial, the game just played the first two or three seconds of the tutorial video, and then gives a notification that i have supposedly completed the tutorial, when i never even got a chance!

Besides this, there are numerous other problems already covered by others. I am already regretting getting KSP2. Definitely won't recommend to anyone at its current state. KSP2 is a half-unplayable mess!

The camera has panning controls.  If you hold your mouse button you can rotate your view and pan in and out.  If your ship isn’t all in view I simply click on the 1st part of the ship (it will all be a bright green glory colour when you are over the right part) and drags the whole ship into a better spot.  When actually flying you can change the focus in the map view to other celestial bodies which is very handy when plotting maneuver nodes.

Watch some videos from KSP1.  You need a short crash course in physics.  Getting to space and back will take some effort (this isn’t a quick and easy game to master).  Getting into orbit will take more.  The first time you land on the Mun will probably be the most complex thing you have ever done in a game in terms of planning and careful execution.

From there you then move to landing on other planets which is another order of magnitude of complexity.  Just when you figure you got it all nailed down you try to build airplane and learn there is a bunch more to know.  When that is hammered down then you move into airplane SSTOs.

So don’t give up it’s one of the few games where you actually learn a fair bit while mastering the game.

9 minutes ago, Rocket Farmer said:

Watch some videos from KSP1.  You need a short crash course in physics.  Getting to space and back will take some effort (this isn’t a quick and easy game to master).  Getting into orbit will take more.  The first time you land on the Mun will probably be the most complex thing you have ever done in a game in terms of planning and careful execution.

From there you then move to landing on other planets which is another

Did i say i need the damned tutorials? No, i didn't. I just wanted to try them, not that the reason even matters because we're not talking about it.

11 minutes ago, Rocket Farmer said:

If you hold your mouse button you can rotate your view and pan in and out.  If your ship isn’t all in view I simply click on the 1st part of the ship (it will all be a bright green glory colour when you are over the right part) and drags the whole ship into a better spot.  When actually flying you can change the focus in the map view to other celestial bodies which is very handy when plotting maneuver nodes.

If i hold my which mouse button!? And yes, i've learned the move vessel trick and it's finicky at best. Definitely very annoying to do that.

Tutorials work well for me?  I’ve noticed most people seeming to have far more bugs than I am seeing.  I’m guessing most of them are due to the game running out of computer resources.  My computer is pretty decent so I don’t get many bugs.

As for which mouse button I’d have to go look but I think it’s right mouse button that allows free rotation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.