[0.17] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau

Normak

i would have had the bloody VA redone and been doing some SSPP stuff but 3ds max does not want to coorperate....

if you are wondering what i am doing i am making the V textures and SSPP doors match the size with ORDA docking which fits kerbals through it theoretically perfectly... thus redoing and getting a nice new kosmos berthing door made.

I'm having a wierd bug where my engines are still firing after iv'e run out of fuel, they don't produce any thrust, but they seem to explode at random, and there is no way to shut them down.

I'm using the LK pack

Edited by maxsil

For those wanting a Ladder on the VA. there has been a solution. . :) decided to put the ladder on the lock down itself and attach it to the umbilical. The umbilical is also much nicer and as you can see I am normal mapping it quite a bit. This should allude to the detail that the new SSPP will have once they are created.

blad%20umbi.png

Edited by CardBoardBoxProcessor

Maybe it's just me being stupid or maybe I've missed something in the readme's somewhere but...

How do I get crew into the VA pod at launch ?

Every rocket I build with the VA pod always has no crew, is this intentional or is there something I am missing ?

Thanks

They are in there, they just don't show up on the screen because there is no interior view. Right-click the capsule hatch and you will see their name.
Right clicking on the VA pod does nothing, no menu like with the standard pods. Still no crew. I'm using Kerbal v0.17 and the latest version of the VA pod from post #1 of this thread.

Right clicking on the VA pod does nothing, no menu like with the standard pods. Still no crew. I'm using Kerbal v0.17 and the latest version of the VA pod from post #1 of this thread.

Make sure you're using the kreuzig (not spelled right) plugin from the VA pack. Then if that doesn't work, go to the VA command pod part.cfg, open it up in notepad, and make sure that crewcapacity is set to 3. Note: If the crew capacity is set above 3, then you won't see your kerbals in the lower right, but they will be in the pod.

Now if that doesn't work, and you haven't already, re-download the VA pack and replace the other VA parts. If that doesn't work, create a new install of KSP (put it in another folder) and install the VA to that. If that works, then someone screwed something up somewhere at sometime. I had to do a fresh install of KSP to get the decoupler to work. The exhaust particles from the nose thrusters still has it's glitch (I even re-downloaded the va pack from Kerbal.net last night), but that's minor.

Make sure you're using the kreuzig (not spelled right) plugin from the VA pack. Then if that doesn't work, go to the VA command pod part.cfg, open it up in notepad, and make sure that crewcapacity is set to 3. Note: If the crew capacity is set above 3, then you won't see your kerbals in the lower right, but they will be in the pod.

Now if that doesn't work, and you haven't already, re-download the VA pack and replace the other VA parts. If that doesn't work, create a new install of KSP (put it in another folder) and install the VA to that. If that works, then someone screwed something up somewhere at sometime. I had to do a fresh install of KSP to get the decoupler to work. The exhaust particles from the nose thrusters still has it's glitch (I even re-downloaded the va pack from Kerbal.net last night), but that's minor.

Ahhh, I see what's happened... the VA pod has been overwritten by the VA parts from the v0.16 SSPP, I accidentally installed them in the wrong order. Thanks for the help :)

The new VA pod is 2.0 in size compared to it's old scaling.

Looking forward to the v0.17 SSPP :D

Maybe someone could offer some advice: when properly strut'd to the fuel tanks, the rocket engines provide great stability--but their performance seems rather weak for putting up higher payloads, even with +4 assistance liquid engines! For example, putting a medium or larger KTVK fuel tank along with the nuclear engine into even low orbit seems impossible! Is there a very specific engine arrangement you need to use for the first two stages (4+1 fuel tanks) or am I just a really bad pilot? Or is it something to do with having 4 of those engines without thrust vectoring and only one with?

Does this mean the VA is getting a custom IVA scene?

It is becoming apparent it is very difficult to make one with out having an actually 100% real kerbal model. so today I will probably keep moving the kerbal seats in order to take quite alot of pictures and edit my stand in model to be even more accurate to the kerbals sitting position. it will suck... but it is needed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.