Asparagus staging almost working

Gordon Fecyk

Yesterday I managed to build what I think was a Kerbal X-like ship. I think you can grab this folder and unzip it to your workspaces folder to open and edit the craft. I'm a bit confused about fuel flow though.

There's no visible option to set tank priority that I could see, so I didn't try using decoupler crossfeed. I had to place each pair of outer tanks separately so I could stage them separately, as there wasn't an option to place a set of six decouplers into different stages that I could find, either.

Each stage does have fuel lines. The fuel line part is on the bottom of the list of fuel tank parts, and they are attached in what I think is the correct direction. 

So how can this be improved? Do I need more fuel lines to increase the fuel flow or something? Have I missed a step?

Here's the thing in action. YouTube is just finishing up its processing.

Ok haven’t done this in KSP2 but I’m pretty sure it works the same way as KSP1.

1. If you flow the fuel lines through each tank then the “top” tank should run out first and the “bottom” tank last.  So put a fuel line leading away from the 1st tank you want to drop to the 2nd tank.  Then a fuel line from 2nd to 3rd and so on.

2. As for staging you can place all the outer tanks with symmetry.  If you go and click on the separator icon in the staging area it will open up and show you each stage separately.  Mouseover one (it should highlight the related part) and then drag it to the proper stage.  So say the 8 separators and tanks are placed in symmetry and then you go to staging and make 2 detach in stage 2, 2 in stage 3, 2 in stage 4 and the last 2 in stage 5.

A word of warning the above might not currently work as I have read some people had turning off cross feed not working so there may be other issues as well.

Update to Kerbal-X 2 and More Fuel Lines

It looks like fuel flows through the fuel lines from tank to tank, rather than from tank stack to tank stack. I ended up adding three more sets of lines to match up the bottom, middle and top tanks on the 1.25m stacks, and finally connected the third stage's three lines to the bottom of the 2.5m stack. This produced a fuel drain similar to the KSP 1 Kerbal-X but still not identical, as the 2.5m stack ends up being half-full by the time you stage away the 1.25m stacks. Maybe I need to run the third stage's tank lines to each of the 2.5m stack's tanks or something.

I updated the craft file in my GitHub repository.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.