Milk run to Mun - A virtually bug free mission!

Speeding Mullet

I decided to put everything I'd learned while pushing bugs to good use today and do something I couldn't actually do in my first day or two of playing - Land on and return from Mun.  Using the right landing legs (to avoid fuel drain through decouplers) and using stack separators (to avoid decouplers draining fuel and exploding vessels), slow saving to avoid re-load bugs etc. I built a simple craft and muscle-memoried the brave crew to Mun.

I only encountered three benign bugs which I have to log:

1) When planting a flag using stacked kerbals, the topmost kerbal plants the flag (rather than the selected kerbal) which then floats in space.
2) Stacking kerbals and planting a flag appears to stop jetpacks from working for all involved.
3) Ladder texture disappeared (but ladder still operable)

apart from that it was a completely bug free mission start to finish.  Awesome!  Here's the full mission report.  A couple of postcards from the journey:

hCzBrW3.jpg

Seans Cannery rock cam snapped this image of the strange arch before becoming mushy and failing.

wOXFXfb.jpg

The indispensable Zaltonic Electronics selfie camera doing a fine job of capturing the milk runs hi-jinks.

3mcBaJz.jpg

Image courtesy of Probobobobododobobodyne Astro navigational aids.

Had fun!

SM

7 hours ago, LeroyJenkins said:

Love the top most Kerbal's facial expression. It's like "eh? what are you doing to us?!"   LMAO

Which is similar to the expression Ludlan gave me when he realised it was a one way trip to Duna:

z8H0zTC.jpg

The animations of the Kerbals in KSP2 are great, but there's a bit to do in terms of their movement/knockdown-ability etc. I don't want to see them ragdoll as badly as KSP1, but they do need to advance things a little in this area in the future I think!

SM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.