File not found with GameDatabase.Instance.ExistsAudioClip(filename) ... but file exists

I started fooling around with creating a plugin to play warning buzzers.

In the method where I load up the FXGroup with the audio clip, etc.  I check to make sure the audio clip exists with 

if (!GameDatabase.Instance.ExistsAudioClip(filename))
                {
                    PrintToLog("[PK_Ah_Ooooga] ERROR - file " + filename + ".* not found!", 3);
                    return false;
                }

and sure enough in the console/log when the vessel loads into the flight scene, it complains about it not finding the clip:

[ERR 08:16:07.213] [PK_Ah_Ooooga] ERROR - file "Pebkac/Sounds/warning".* not found!

things I looked at trying to figure out why:

• does file named warning exist in  GameData \Pebkac\Sounds folder - yes
  • does the audio exist in the database - yes, or, I assume it does, since there is a Pebkac/Sounds/warning entry in the database/audio section of the Alt+F12 window

I'm not sure what else to look at.

The file is a .wav, and has that extension, which I'm also assuming is OK.

Any advice is much appreciated.

~K

I tried coding it to load Squad/Alarms/Sounds/OldHorn.wav and it can't find that either?

Is this even the way to do this kind of thing still?   The example code I'm looking at is from way back when (as is my experience with writing plugins for this game.)

Getting rid of the check for the clip being loaded makes the error report go away.  And strangely it doesn't crash when I trigger the event that is supposed to play the sound... But no sound happens.

Turns out my module declaration in the part config was slightly (completely?) wrong:

MODULE
{
    name = PebkacWarningSiren
    sound_warning = Squad/Alarms/Sounds/OldHorn // I had this as "Squad/Alarms/Sounds/OldHorn" (in quotes) which is WRONG
    isSounding = 0f
}

Anyway, hopefully I will remember this kind of thing in the future.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.