How would Kerbals even exit this hatch?

Fullmetal Analyst

i just landed on duna and tried to do an EVA, sadly it didnt work for some reason

i took a closer look at my command module and noticed something odd: the hatch was quite small!
jZ8u1sY.png

upon closer inspection, i found whats likely the cause of my EVA issues: the kerbals head wouldnt even fit through the hatch, let alone his helmet!
rjoJAm0.jpg

in fact the kerbal heads/helmets are so big that they clip into half the ship interior
JOpwldm.jpg

Edited by Fullmetal Analyst

Simple:  Their spacesuit helmets aren't made of metal and hard plastic; they're more balloon-like.  The small hatch proves that this is canon and no one can convince me otherwise.

57 minutes ago, Fullmetal Analyst said:

i just landed on duna and tried to do an EVA, sadly it didnt work for some reason

Do you have "maximum debris count" set to zero?  Kerbals count as debris in this build. (See bug report below.)

15 minutes ago, HenryBlatbugIII said:

Simple:  Their spacesuit helmets aren't made of metal and hard plastic; they're more balloon-like.  The small hatch proves that this is canon and no one can convince me otherwise.

Maybe like cats who have some properties more like liquids.

3 hours ago, HenryBlatbugIII said:

sounds more like a design error :retrograde:

3 hours ago, HenryBlatbugIII said:

Do you have "maximum debris count" set to zero?  Kerbals count as debris in this build. (See bug report below.)

thx, i will try this

On 3/13/2023 at 12:08 PM, HenryBlatbugIII said:

I agree, it also explain why helmets are round. Starliner space suit uses soft helmets while Dragon uses hard. 

Also marking Kerbals as debris are pretty crude :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.