"Revert to VAB" is very slow - takes 25s

Forrey

Hi.

Ryzen 5 2400G; Radeon RX6700; 32G RAM; Windows 10.

It consistently takes about 25s from me clicking on "revert to VAB" to actually getting to the VAB. On the other hand, going the other way (from VAB to runway) takes just a few seconds.

Please consider optimising the VAB loading.  I was recently trying to diagnose a bug in how wing pitch works, switching back and forth between runway and VAB, and the 25s delay each time makes this frustrating.

Thanks.

Hello

AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics            3.20 GHz :   NVIDIA RTX 3070 :   16,0 GB (15,3 GB usable) RAM

Windows 11

So basicly i tried luanching a rocket using the R.A.P.I.E.R engine and failed and when i tried going to the vab not just the game but basicly the whole computer froze.
fortunetly i managed to force close the game after a few minutes.

I havent managed to reproduce those results but i can say that ive managed to make the game freze the rendering completly stoped working as the fps counter had several copies of the number overlaping "probably cause the rendering failed" aswell as the game didint respond to any imput and can only really be force closed

as i know i can reproduce it by luanching a rocket with a R.A.P.I.E.R and than returning to vab.

Expected Result: i simply return to the vab

Actual Result: the game frezes/crashes

For now, a workaround I would suggest is to instead "Recover Vessel" then travel to the VAB (not "Revert"). This is much faster, because the game won't have to load up a save file, reload assets, and restart the sim engine.

If your attempts would alter things in your save file, I would suggest making an initial save, do your rapid prototyping using my return to VAB workaround, and when you're ready for the real launch, reload your initial save file after saving your vehicle in the VAB.