KSP2 missing features or me missing something

-RanZ-

Sorry if this is discussed, forum search is... less than optimal. Are the following features missing or am I just not doing it right in KSP2?

1. can you rename a vessel - no idea where to do this
  2. See fuel in attached landers/individual tanks on large spacecraft- right click menus are gone which sucks
  3. Transfer fuel between tanks - related to #2
  4. if a lander is strutted to main ship, should struts break when undocking? - they don't on my ship

1 minute ago, -RanZ- said:

can you rename a vessel - no idea where to do this

you can rename in the tracking station, but it doesnt really work yet

1 minute ago, -RanZ- said:

See fuel in attached landers/individual tanks on large spacecraft- right click menus are gone which sucks

you can open resource manager to see fuel of each tank, its somewhat hidden, there is a button which extends and shows 3 more buttons

2 minutes ago, -RanZ- said:

Transfer fuel between tanks - related to #2

see 2.

2 minutes ago, -RanZ- said:

if a lander is strutted to main ship, should struts break when undocking? - they don't on my ship

struts are kinda broken, like most stuff in this game

Fuel transfer is simply annoying. The whole parts manager idea is broken. The least would be to have a "favorite" parts list, where you only add the parts of general interest.

But since I do not see anyone actually interacting with a part by opening the parts manager first, but as always by right-clicking a part of the craft, the partsmanager simply is nearly worthless. Except for those few clipped parts.

My suggestion:

- Keep the parts manager, but *only* list the parts of the craft, preferrably groupable by type, stage, name. Make it as space efficient as possible.

- Allow a "traditional", pinnable parts window to be opened either by right-clicking a part or an entry in the parts manager.

This solution solves the game freezing while loading the parts manager, allows me to control several parts without scrolling through the parts manager and makes the parts manager compact, yet helpful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.