Set camera focus to specific part

I think there is such a feature already. Clicking a part with middle mouse button I believe focuses the camera on that part. It is a little bit wonky because it appears to just pitch the camera to look at the part, but once you start panning around you'll find that it's moved the camera's point of rotation to the selected part as well. At least, that's how it was working before the most recent patch. I haven't been in game since the update.

Edited by CiberX15

23 minutes ago, CiberX15 said:

I think there is such a feature already. Clicking a part with middle mouse button I believe focuses the camera on that part. It is a little bit wonky because it appears to just pitch the camera to look at the part, but once you start panning around you'll find that it's moved the camera's point of rotation to the selected part as well. At least, that's how it was working before the most recent patch. I haven't been in game since the update.

This only works in the VAB, but unfortunately not after you launched a craft. But thanks for the help anyways.

5 hours ago, Snips said:

This only works in the VAB, but unfortunately not after you launched a craft. But thanks for the help anyways.

Oh, I did not realize that. Hopefully that gets implemented for after you've launched as well. Does seem to be a fast and intuitive way to navigate a craft. Also probably shouldn't be much engineering work since the logic already exists...

• 10 months later...

Anyone have a bug where you could no longer change part of focus? (Middle mouse click in VAB doesn't do anything). Makes it really difficult to build properly as my camera pan is stuck rotating around the command module. Only fix ive found is reinstalling, lets hope it doesn't happen again.

• 2 weeks later...