I have hope...

theJesuit

I've always been one to restart from scratch my careers saves when KSP updated, or a major mod got updated, especially my own.

So, an early purchase on my 8.5 year old ASUS ROG laptop, and KSP2 was stuttery - beyond playable really, but it did load.   I mucked around for a couple of hours, but I was struggling to 

I went back to playing my KSP1, and the difference I experienced with a moderately modded KSP was much more pronounced than I expected.   I didn't take much to settle back in to KSP1 and continue my career save.

With Patch One, the change in KSP2 was amazing.  Yes, so many patches obviously in the pipeline already, but it meant that I could actually laucnh a rocket and experience the wobbliness and the enjoyable frustration of so many YouTubers.

But back to KSP1 and the same thing.  Enjoying playing through.

Then, browsing SpaceDock again this morning and I see Galaxy Tweaker, K2-D2 and the prospect of more KSP2 gameplay is exciting.  I'm looking forward to adding my own modding support I'll be able to give (I guess it will JSON creation rather than CFG reconfiguring), but most of all a game that runs pretty much as smoothly as the original.  I have hope!

• 4 weeks later...

I downloaded Patch Two and woah! MOAR FRAMERATE!  I was finally able to build something capable of flying to the Mün and then potentially landing... RIP Bob.  

The game runs about as well as KSP1 did 9-10 years ago on my work Dell laptop... now at a similar strutter on my 2014 Asus ROG. 

I think I may even have the ability to go anywhere now, although with a non realistic one Pod craft, maybe with a disposable lander.

So hope?  Yes.  Looking forward to Patch Three!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.