Action groups and gear not working on probe core based vehicles

Jason_25

When I use a vehicle that has no crew but only probe cores this vehicle is treated more like a rocket.  Tapping g to actuate the gear has no effect.  Also action groups are not working.  The only workaround is to set a built in action group like lights to what you need and click that instead.  This means no AI "Taxis" for crew unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have this issue and seems others in the community are bumping into it as well and what is most frustrating is it's inconsistent. I was working on a RTLS rocket that just had a probe core and found out it had not control via action groups until a full reboot of my system.

• KSP 2 Version - 0.1.1.0.21572
  • Operating System - Windows 11
  • CPU - i5 12400F and GPU - Titan X Pascal
  • Description of the bug.  
    • Probe Core Should be able to control Action groups just like a kerbal commanded craft
    • Probe Core only craft have no interaction with action groups and acts like there is nothing mapped to custom groups
      • Wonder if this is related to the random cut outs of commnet as well?
  • Steps to Replicate
    • Create a simple Craft with just a probe core and a custom 1-10 action group action and it just doesn't work
  • Fixes / Workarounds (if known..)
    • Have to use Kerbals to control custom action groups as a backup should the probe core fail to work correctly
  • A list of ALL mods.  If the list is long, please consider using a spoiler window.
    • None