Where are we with rocket plume mods?

tg626

For a long time I ran RealPlume / Smokescreen - with configs for stock. Then Waterfall came out, but didn't support non-LFO engines...

So I had RealPlume / Smokescreen and Waterfall - again with configs for stock.

I run a stock game (so far as engines are concerned) with Making History and Breaking Ground.

It seems like these systems are meant to co-exist but as they are made by different people, they all exist on their own island so to speak. Now I think maybe I missed an SRB application of waterfall...

So, can someone untangle it for me? What would the mod list be for the latest and greatest visuals for all stock engines?

Far from the "latest and greatest", but I just use this:

Realplume Stock

which includes Smokescreen & using:

maximumActiveParticles = 800

equates to an essentially free sound & graphics upgrade on my system.

Not sure what Waterfall is, but I've known about Realplume for many years. The fact it seemed to be tied to RP-1 or some other intrusive, graphics board abusing addon prevented me from bothering with it until now.

It's still unavoidably linked to Smokescreen obviously, but it includes configs for nearly all the stock engines, including both the mods.

If you follow the spacedock references back, I think it's a re-compile/re-package from linuxguru? Can't remember.

Edited by surge

I have Realplume installed.

When waterfall is installed Realplume becomes the backup for any engines that don't have a config.

Where Realplume uses particles, waterfall uses meshes, which is a different look and actually easier on the hardware.

Edited by tg626

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.