Geosynch orbit in .17?

Subcidal

Recently i put up a comsat network in geosynch orbit above kerbin, But I feel like it's been changed.

with a near perfect orbit of something like 2868.420 to 2868.478 i can not get my satellites to go slower than 1009.1 m/s, As a result they ever so slowly orbit around the planet.

Did something change with this in the latest update? I've done this before and I know it was never this hard to get them into orbit, They just go to fast, I feel like something had to of changed, And if so does anybody have the updated info to obtain a stable geosynchronous orbit?

Yeah it's inclination is like .00302 or something extremely minimal.I was figuring trying to just find an altitude that produced the correct speed but I don't think it's going to be that simple. Guess i'll just have to toy with it.

Even the tiniest inclination and altitude variances will have a cumulative effect over time. Real geosynchronous sats need to correct for these often (along with other forces that can't occur in KSP). Just adjust their orbits using precise RCS thrusts.

We're not talking about a slight drift. Besides your inclination has nothing to do with traveling 1009.1 m/s at a 2868.4 orbit, It simply didn't use to be that way.

If it had anything to do with inclination than each of my satellites would be moving at different speeds because they're not all the same, But they don't drift relative to eachother, They just orbit to fast.

Edit : After a little bit of trial and error it seems like geo-synchronous orbit is around 2869.7 KM @ 1,900.0 m/s. Atleast that's the closest i've been able to get, I was drifting 1 KM about every 30-40 seconds at the highest warp.

Edited by Subcidal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.