Importing blender models to KSP1

exospaceman

I want to start making mods for KSP1 and 2 but first I need to know how I can import a model from blender into KSP1

Here is one example I want to use:

2023-04-08.png

I'm going to use it for a series I am doing for my YT channel in which I attempt to recreate every single Historic spaceflight in KSP 

Although I have been using KSP for a long time since I recently got a computer and started making models in blender I barely know how to import a model into KSP1 and make it into a mod

I have searched for tutorials on YT to help me, but none of them made sense to me. It would be great if someone could kindly help me many thanks!

First off, that is gorgeous!

Second, there are two paths. 

One thru Unity - which unless you absolutely must, is an exercise in pure... frustration. (gotta keep it PG)

The other, and FAR superior, is https://github.com/taniwha/io_object_mu a Blender plug in that produces .mu files from Blender it's self.

AFAIK, that plugin will handle almost anything except IVA's and I think some fancier animations.

Edited by tg626

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.