Returning to craft view with 'M' zooms all the way in

Bertie

KSP2 0.1.2.0
Windows 10
i5-13600K, 4070ti

When I'm in map view and press 'M' to go back to craft view the camera is zoomed into the middle of the ship.

Seems to work fine if instead you use the button at the bottom of the screen to do it

No mods installed

Confirmed, this is EXTREMELY bad, it should return to the previous zoom setting  it was at when switching and in map view return to the SAME focused object and zoom, not switch focus back to my craft if I have it focused somewhere else. Though using the UI buttons doesn't make a difference for me. 

On 4/20/2023 at 12:49 PM, Bertie said:

When I'm in map view and press 'M' to go back to craft view the camera is zoomed into the middle of the ship.

Aha!  I thought it was just me doing something incorrectly.

On 4/20/2023 at 12:49 PM, Bertie said:

Seems to work fine if instead you use the button at the bottom of the screen to do it

Thank you for the workaround option!  I will have to try that, I'm curious if that also solves another problem I'm seeing when I switch back with 'M'.  In addition to being zoomed all the way in to the vessel, the camera angle also resets to an angle which is unhelpful.  So I'm having to zoom out and drag the camera angle back to where I want it.

On 4/12/2023 at 6:55 AM, Intercept Games said:

:1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Camera now returns to saved position and orientation when game is reloaded

Sound like they need to implement whatever fix they did here for the M key.

Though come to think of it, I don't remember the middle of the ship problem until Patch 2. Wonder if the above and that are connected?