Unable to stop engines with time > x 1 speed

It is maddening that you cannot adjust your thrust when the game warp time is greater than 1x.   I have flubbed a number of burns while frantically trying to slow time back down to 1.     

There are a few things that would make this work better.

1. Make adjustments to time warp instantaneous, but only when slowing time back down.
    1. Currently, there is a smooth transition between time scales, and you still have to wait for the transition to complete before you are allowed to adjust your throttle.   In general, it is pretty easy to miss your target point as time is coasting back to normal time (1x)
  2. If I adjust the throttle, just drop me out of time warp
  3. Add an option to warp to end of maneuver.  
    1. For crazy long burns, it would be nice to able to click a "warp to end of maneuver" button that would slow me down back to normal time scale about 30 seconds before the end of the burn ( similar to when you are warping to the start of the maneuver node)
  4. Alternatively, If we could set timer/reminders like in KSP1 for the end of the burn, that would work too

No matter the solution, can we agree that part of the user experience needs to be improved?

12 minutes ago, Fermentation said:

It is maddening that you cannot adjust your thrust when the game warp time is greater than 1x.   I have flubbed a number of burns while frantically trying to slow time back down to 1.     

No matter the solution, can we agree that part of the user experience needs to be improved?

100%. The AMA yesterday mentioned that the team is in a lot of discussion on bringing SAS control into Time Warp.  This is one feature that was heavily anticipated (the ability to burn through Time Warp) and yet sadly, for 99% of engines that have ~1-5min burns, it is less functional than the old system.  I understand the switch to interstellar travel necessitated this system being developed, but it's a little undercooked at the moment.

I agree with all of your points, and I'd like to add another... it is a minor frustration that, with only one Time Warp system, you constantly have to cycle through the x2 & x4 to get up to the higher speeds. It's just extra clicks compared to the KSP1 system, when the old alt+ worked fine. I wouldn't mind adding functionality to make alt+ to fine tune the Time Warp and regular increase to jump straight to 5x, 10x like in KSP1.

Edited by MagicCuboid

The default keymapping for resetting time warp is the '/' key. it's the fastest way to get there, but unfortunately, it is still slow enough that it can mess you up. I really don't get why there is a delay there, but it is real. I hope this helps, even a little. But it's at best a work around and not a solution.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.