Kerbal sayings !

Jesrad

I showed someone KSP last night, and today they've come up with this: *adds more SAS, ASAS, boosters, struts, and winglets* It'll work. It'll work. Can't say it won't work. Don't worry, it'll work. Add more stuff, it'll work.

Hang on! I think I can still fly it like this!

cheers!

So true it's funny.. I had a rescue mission almost need rescuing themselves after a run in with space cthulhu once. Two of the ship's four fuel stacks/engines separated and fell off.. which is in itself not extremely horrible... if not for the fact that the two that were left both ended up on the same side.... Still managed to get a kerbin intercept from solar orbit like that, then do a deorbit burn and parachute the capsule down. First time i've ever managed to do anything productive with half a ship.

I just though about an old French cartoon, the Shadocks, where the Shadocks, a kind of weird, very stupid birds, try to make a rocket to get to Earth, because their planet is crumbling and falling apart.

So I've got some sayings from the Shadocks. Not mines, then, but they sound like KSP.

Only many try will make it work. So, the more we fail, the more we have chances to succeed
If there is no solution, there is no problem
Why making things simple when you can make them complex?
It's best to use your intelligence on stupid things than using your stupidity on clever things
When you don't know where you're going, you better go for it.... as fast as possible!

fusee1.jpg

Some of the more commonly heard sayings either at the KSC or in space...

When in doubt, blame Bob Kerman. It's usually his fault.
BOB KERMAN!
Just because you have the pretty buttons does NOT mean you can press them all at once.
Kouston, we've had a problem...
WHY WON'T YOU ATTACH TO THE SHIP, STUPID AEROSPIKE?!
You're stranded on Duna? We'll get Jeb to press the controversial 'End Flight' button on his desk for you.
Aaaand we're losing altitude.

There are probably more sayings lurking around the centre, but we haven't heard them yet.

Yet.

I just though about an old French cartoon, the Shadocks, where the Shadocks, a kind of weird, very stupid birds, try to make a rocket to get to Earth, because their planet is crumbling and falling apart.

So I've got some sayings from the Shadocks. Not mines, then, but they sound like KSP.

fusee1.jpg

Don't forget to pump.

Up up and... BOOM !

"This is MechJeb, your automated captain speaking. We will be arriving at our apoapsis in approximately six minutes where our circularization burn will commence automatically. Please sit back and enjoy the rrrrrr-rrrrrrr-rr-r-r-rrrrr-rrrr-KHHKHHKKKHKHHHKKKKKKK....."

more of this!

The cost of manned spaceflight is readily justified in having a dead crew to blame
The problem was found in that part mounted between the seat and the controls!
Assembly Required, Disassembly Spontaneous

On atmosphere re-entry. "Wait, did we remember to put a parachute ontop of the pod this time? ... awww crap..."

I swear those things should be built into the pod for idiots like me.

EDIT: or similarly. "Parachutes? Who lives long enough to deploy parachutes?"

Soooooo..... Is this mechjeb thing supposed do something?
Landing is all well and good, but it only counts if 2/3 of your Kerbals survive (1-man pods included)

There are a few from me, hope they get a few laughs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.