Can't change craft/vessel name in tracking station permanently.

VirtualBundy

We believe this issue is fixed in the v0.1.3.0 release build. Please let us know if any of you are still experiencing this problem. Thanks!

Edit: Sounds like maybe this was premature. Still gathering data.

Reported Version: v0.1.3 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Win 11 Pro | CPU: Core i9-11900H | GPU: RTX 3080 Laptop GPU | RAM32 GB

Specs: Filled out in form below.

Severetiy: Med

Frequency: High

Description: After renaming a vessel, the name is reverted to the old name after changing the scene. Saving after renaming and creating a new save file and trying it there were both innefective.

Included Attachments:

Edited by Anth12

50 minutes ago, Anth12 said:

@Triston Merged your bug report with this one.

Will this bug report still be visible to the developers? They may have missed the one posted in February and such is why I submitted another report on the same topic a few months later.

40 minutes ago, Triston said:

Will this bug report still be visible to the developers? They may have missed the one posted in February and such is why I submitted another report on the same topic a few months later.

Nate responded to this thread two days ago.

Reported Version: v0.1.3.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: R7 3700X | GPU: RTX 2070S | RAM16GB

Changing names in the tracking station is an option that has been there since the release of the game but never really worked. I hope you fix it soon.

Edited by Anth12

It seems to go through the motions of letting you rename the craft, but when you go back to KSC and return to the tracking station the name is not updated.

Here is a short video illustrating the error.   Also, it would be great if ships were not renamed 'combined-xx' after ships have been docked together.  My recommendation is that the name stays with the accepting ship name (eg the starbase for example) and that the original ship name is kept when the two vessels are undocked...

https://imgur.com/xqfe6aQ

• 1 month later...