FPS drop when leaving a vehicle in orbit [and entering VAB]

2High4Space

Reported Version: v0.1.3 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 

Hello everyone, this is my first bug report and my first version of KSP, so please bear with me :)

I'm not exactly sure how to describe the problem... I launched a spacestation into orbit (170-180km orbit). The station consists of about 350 parts. After that, I went into the VAB to launch the same station as a tanker, and my FPS dropped significantly. I could hardly move around in the VAB without everything freezing. Furthermore, I can hear sounds from the spacestation, and I'm receiving notifications in the VAB about connection issues (connection disrupted) and solar exposure. If I load a save game before I left the space station, everything runs smoothly. However, as soon as I enter the VAB, everything starts to lag. It's as if I'm still in the background with the station while trying to work in the VAB at the same time.

I have attached two save games: one at the last moment when everything was still running fine, and the other at the first moment when everything started to break down. I'm not sure if this is the desired format or if it provides any information about the problem.

Included Attachments:

ksp2bugreport.zip

Edited by Anth12

1 hour ago, 2High4Space said:

Hello everyone, this is my first bug report and my first version of KSP, so please bear with me :)

I'm not exactly sure how to describe the problem... I launched a spacestation into orbit (170-180km orbit). The station consists of about 350 parts. After that, I went into the VAB to launch the same station as a tanker, and my FPS dropped significantly. I could hardly move around in the VAB without everything freezing. Furthermore, I can hear sounds from the spacestation, and I'm receiving notifications in the VAB about connection issues (connection disrupted) and solar exposure. If I load a save game before I left the space station, everything runs smoothly. However, as soon as I enter the VAB, everything starts to lag. It's as if I'm still in the background with the station while trying to work in the VAB at the same time.

I have attached two save games: one at the last moment when everything was still running fine, and the other at the first moment when everything started to break down. I'm not sure if this is the desired format or if it provides any information about the problem.

If you are returning directly to the VAB try going to the KSC screen and then to the VAB instead.
The KSC Screen is some sort of reset point. That might help.