I Wish They Made UI Customizable [v0.3.2 for KSP2 v0.2.0]

Falki

giN56Z3.gif

I WISH THEY MADE UI CUSTOMIZABLE

You can move any UI group in the flight scene wherever you want.

---------------------------------------------

Spacedock: https://spacedock.info/mod/3391/I Wish They Made UI Customizable

Source: https://github.com/Falki-git/I-Wish-They-Made-UI-Customizable

Authors: Falki

MicroEngineer

DESCRIPTION

Have you always wanted to have the navball centered on the screen? Me neither. But still, you can do that with this mod.

You can move any UI group in the flight scene wherever you want. Maybe you'd rather have the time warp at the top of the screen, or you want to declutter the UI by hiding the big green stage button as it's mostly useless since we don't play on touchscreens and we do have working space bars on our keyboards. Or maybe you want to make room for those juicy Micro Engineer windows. World is your oyster.

REVIEW

THINGS TO NOTE

• open the mod window by selecting it from the app bar
  • when you're satisfied with what you changed remember to save the UI by pressing the Save button
  • if you messed up and want to revert to default press the FUBAR button
  • pressing Reset resets the position of the currently selected UI group

INSTALLATION

Extract the contents of the .zip into your KSP2 installation folder. Mod folder will be placed in ..\Kerbal Space Program 2\BepInEx\plugins\

Edited by Falki

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am having a little UI trouble. I set up my UI as I liked it, and it worked fine for that session, but when I reloaded my game the UI is all scrambled/off screen and the FUBAR hotkey does not seem to pull up the UI adjustment window... or maybe it it is offscreen as well.

Anyway, I tried dropping the mod, reloading without it, and then exiting & adding the mod back. That worked once, but now that does not seem to work anymore. Eventually I nuked the config file, reset my UI changes and then redid everything. That fixed it.

BTW which X position would be dead center?

Edited by Smurfalot
Clarity

On 3/22/2024 at 9:34 PM, Smurfalot said:

I am having a little UI trouble. I set up my UI as I liked it, and it worked fine for that session, but when I reloaded my game the UI is all scrambled/off screen and the FUBAR hotkey does not seem to pull up the UI adjustment window... or maybe it it is offscreen as well.

Anyway, I tried dropping the mod, reloading without it, and then exiting & adding the mod back. That worked once, but now that does not seem to work anymore. Eventually I nuked the config file, reset my UI changes and then redid everything. That fixed it.

BTW which X position would be dead center?

I don't really know what to tell you, sorry. "I Wish They Made UI Customizable" is a very simple mod that was rushed and wasn't designed to be robust, to be honest. It works well enough for cases I've tested, but it's far from perfect. It certainly doesn't take into account resolution changes.

UI groups' position offsets are hardcoded, values being empirically set manually by me, so it's not surprising that for some people they aren't correct.

When flight UI is loaded by the game, this mod takes the position values of each UI group and works with those figures. And flight UI is loaded again each time you change your view from Flight to Map, and vise-versa and then again for every time your scene changes (VAB, KSC, Tracking station, etc.). Also, sometimes unfortunatelly the UI isn't fully loaded in time, so the mod takes the values which are not correct.

Answer for the "which X position would be dead center" is -> it depends on the UI group.

This mod should be rewritten at some point, to make it more robust.