Weird Action Group Behaviour With Parts in Symmetry

TechieV

Reported Version: v0.1.3.2 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics (12 CPUs), ~3.9GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | RAM16384MB (~16GB)

Hello!

I was messing about with a craft to test a plane design, and I was testing its action groups. I put 1 "Toggle Panels" command in Action Group 1 and 2 "Toggle Panels" commands in Action Group 10 (the 0 key). I also put 1 "Cycle Mode" command in Action Group 2 and 2 "Cycle Mode" commands in Action Group 9. I thought both Action Groups 1 and 10 would deploy both solar panels and Action Groups 2 and 9 would change both engines to "Reverse Mode". When I pressed the 1 key, both solar panels deployed (see image 1), but when I pressed the 0 key, none of them deployed! (See image 2) Thinking this behaviour would also happen with the engines, I pressed the 2 key, which put both engines in "Reverse Mode". (See image 3) Then I pressed the 9 key, which also put all the engines in "Reverse Mode"! The action group with 2 "Toggle Panels" commands for both solar panels didn't deploy them, but the action group with 2 "Cycle Mode" commands for both engines changed both their modes. (See image 4) These parts are all in "Mirror" symmetry. I don't know if this is a "bug" (more an inconvenience), but I would like it if this gets fixed. The steps to build the craft are below. I hope all the info helps!

TechieV

How to Build the craft (There's also a CRAFT file of my craft included):

1. Put a Mk1 "Raven" Cockpit.
  2. Connect a JF-200 Methane Fuel Tank to the cockpit.
  3. Connect 2 Jf-200 Methane Fuel Tanks to the first fuel tank radially with "Mirror" symmetry.
  4. Connect a J-33 "Wheesley" jet engine to the backs of both radial tanks with "Mirror" symmetry.
  5. Connect a Circular Intake to the fronts of both radial tanks with "Mirror" symmetry.
  6. Connect 2 SP-4L 1x6 Retractable Solar Panels anywhere with "Mirror" symmetry.
  7. (optional).Add launch clamps!

Included Attachments:

61rL8r5.png(1)

97Tkde1.png(2)

I32s34w.png(3)

oYi3eo1.png

Test1.json

Edited by Anth12
Bug report wasn't showing all pictures and the description lacked explanation of problem.

7 hours ago, TechieV said:

I was messing about with a craft to test a plane design. I was testing its action groups. I put 1 "Toggle Panels" command in Action Group 1 and 2 "Toggle Panels" commands in Action Group 10 (the 0 key). I also put 1 "Cycle Mode" command in Action Group 2 and 2 "Cycle Mode" commands in Action Group 9. I thought both Action Groups 1 and 10 would deploy both solar panels and Action Groups 2 and 9 would change both engines to "Reverse Mode". When I pressed the 1 key, both solar panels deployed (see image "Action Group with 1 _Toggle Solar Panel_"), but when I pressed the 0 key, none of them deployed! (See image "Action Group with 2 _Toggle Solar Panel_") Thinking this behaviour would also happen with the engines, I pressed the 2 key, which put both engines in "Reverse Mode". (See image "Action Group with 1 _Cycle Engine Mode_") Then I pressed the 9 key, which also put all the engines in "Reverse Mode"! (See image "Action Group with 2 _Cycle Engine Mode_") These parts are all in "Mirror" symmetry. I don't know if this is a "bug" (more an inconvenience), but I would like it if this gets fixed. The steps to build the craft is below. I hope all the info helps!

I am sorry but it appears that most of your pictures are missing.
Unfortunately the bug reporting form cant upload multiple pictures into one category.

Though you can actually put anything into all the separate file categories.
The Video can take pictures or zipped up pictures for example.

4 hours ago, Anth12 said:

Though you can actually put anything into all the separate file categories.
The Video can take pictures or zipped up pictures for example.

Interesting! I don't know how to do them, though. Can you tell me how to do them? Also, is there a way to update the bug report, so I could include all the screenshots?

Thanks a lot!

21 minutes ago, TechieV said:

Interesting! I don't know how to do them, though. Can you tell me how to do them? Also, is there a way to update the bug report, so I could include all the screenshots?

The instructions are there on the form.
Select multiple categories using and drag the files into each of them.
I use imgur.com sometimes. That can be used to upload pictures. Then I right click on the picture once its uploaded and get a direct link. Then I paste it into posts/comments and it will embed itself.

The following picture I uploaded to imgur.com:

3riAsed.png
Note I have selected all the file types by holding down the Shift key using the form.
Keep that in mind for any future bug reports. I wish we could upload more files after the initial bug report but that isn't able to be done currently.

Edited by Anth12

11 hours ago, Anth12 said:

The instructions are there on the form.
Select multiple categories using and drag the files into each of them.
I use imgur.com sometimes. That can be used to upload pictures. Then I right click on the picture once its uploaded and get a direct link. Then I paste it into posts/comments and it will embed itself.

The following picture I uploaded to imgur.com:

3riAsed.png
Note I have selected all the file types by holding down the Shift key using the form.

Okay. I edited the bug report to include all the pictures, and I also used Imgur.

11 hours ago, Anth12 said:

I wish we could upload more files after the initial bug report but that isn't able to be done currently.

I agree! It would be pretty nice if it's possible in the future.

Thanks for all the help!