Principia:SSO Calculator(Stock, RSS, Kcalbeloh) Tool Online

Sun Synchronous Orbit Calculator

spitnrG.png

SSO Calculator Online

Abstract
In the Kerbal Space Program, planets are regular spheres. After adding Principia, planets like Kerbin do not have sun-synchronous orbits.
And this tool can generate configuration file of Principia, so as to add the second-order spherical harmonic coefficient j2 to the stock planet to help players successfully enter the sun-synchronous orbit of the stock planet. At the same time, this tool also supports the calculation of relevant parameters of the sun-synchronous orbit in the RealSolarSystem environment. 

Dependencies

1. The newly generated xx_xx_GravityModels.cfg file requires support from Kopernicus.
  2. If you want to enter a sun-synchronous orbit, you must have the support of Principia.
  3. You must download Planet Stock Essentials.cfg from Spacedock or GitHub into GameData to use it, especially for players who use Planet Stock.

Chinese Version Tutorial (obsolete)

Credits

@SirMortimer     Kopernicus configuration file.
@Nazfib     Code help for calculating sun-synchronous orbit inclination and other formulas.
@Charon_S丶    KSP players have provided help for adding second-order spherical harmonic coefficient terms.
@PrincipiaTeam     Provide file support for planetary data in the RSS environment.
@tinygrox    Thank you for his suggestions on language and unit options.
NewBing     The planetary rotation period under RSS is provided.

Edited by Aebestach
Modify image link

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Any chance we could get this for KSRSS and 2.5x systems?

It is not difficult to adapt them, but it takes a little time.
https://github.com/Aebestach/Principia-SSOCalculator.github.io/blob/65ddff7fb9a858d98c6d21d53b6d8e2b613a34f8/addEventListener.js#L1

But I think they should be the same as StockBodies, requiring users to customize j2 parameters.
I am currently working on rewriting my WDSP. After everything is finished, I may start working on adapting SSO Calculator to ksrss.

Edited by Aebestach

• 3 weeks later...

@SpaceFace545
Hi, I am preparing data for KSRSS and 2.5x recently. I wrote a C# program and generated an assembly. Could you run it in KSRSS and 2.5x environments respectively, and then send me their KSP.log?
You just need to enter KSC and wait for a while before closing the game.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IeDHWMTwANM0hICXYm0cUVNTgQKvljUW/view?usp=sharing

8 hours ago, Aebestach said:

@SpaceFace545
Hi, I am preparing data for KSRSS and 2.5x recently. I wrote a C# program and generated an assembly. Could you run it in KSRSS and 2.5x environments respectively, and then send me their KSP.log?
You just need to enter KSC and wait for a while before closing the game.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IeDHWMTwANM0hICXYm0cUVNTgQKvljUW/view?usp=sharing

Just put this in the game data?