No Delta V in rocket in multiple scenes.

mattihase

Reported Version: v0.1.3.2 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: i7-10870H | GPU: RTX 3070 | RAM16GB

VAB does not calculate delta v, when launched vessel has 0/0 fuel for every engine and engines do not fire. Interestingly SRBs do "fire" but only produce particle effects/smoke and no thrust. Resource Manager reveals that vessel is fully fueled up and not draining fuel.

This has happened with every vessel I've tried to launch thusfar.

Included Attachments:

Screenshot(34).png.5e67c94aa56caa9573c6e2de4ba56182.png

Edited by Anth12

5 hours ago, mattihase said:

VAB does not calculate delta v, when launched vessel has 0/0 fuel for every engine and engines do not fire. Interestingly SRBs do "fire" but only produce particle effects/smoke and no thrust. Resource Manager reveals that vessel is fully fueled up and not draining fuel.

This has happened with every vessel I've tried to launch thusfar.

Definitely weird what's going on there.
Can you please supply a craft file which is having that issue? That would allow me to do some testing.

It wasn't any specific craft, the first thing I built I didn't save before going out to the pad and it did this. Wouldn't let me revert (presumably because I hadn't saved?), couldn't find the autosaved one in the launch dialogue box because workspaces and launch options have completely different naming options so I can never find one craft from one in the other, so I built the short vessel you see in the pic to put out on the pad to see if it was a fluke. It wasn't. (I tried including multiple screenshots of the different crafts I tried but it looks like the forum ate them.)

Here is a link to the autosave of the first craft I built. I has 2 stages and some SRBs, none of which worked.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/100KMaXVC45MRFRL1Ju9ild9wnvLM0Qf-/view?usp=sharing

IDK how replicable it'd be but unfortunately I've had to free up space on my SSD recently for another install and the game that didn't work the first time I opened up the latest patch was an easy decision 20 gigs to clear. So... Sorry about that, can't really offer more.

11 hours ago, mattihase said:

It wasn't any specific craft, the first thing I built I didn't save before going out to the pad and it did this. Wouldn't let me revert (presumably because I hadn't saved?), couldn't find the autosaved one in the launch dialogue box because workspaces and launch options have completely different naming options so I can never find one craft from one in the other, so I built the short vessel you see in the pic to put out on the pad to see if it was a fluke. It wasn't. (I tried including multiple screenshots of the different crafts I tried but it looks like the forum ate them.)

Here is a link to the autosave of the first craft I built. I has 2 stages and some SRBs, none of which worked.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/100KMaXVC45MRFRL1Ju9ild9wnvLM0Qf-/view?usp=sharing

IDK how replicable it'd be but unfortunately I've had to free up space on my SSD recently for another install and the game that didn't work the first time I opened up the latest patch was an easy decision 20 gigs to clear. So... Sorry about that, can't really offer more.

Thanks for the additional information. 
I will test and get back to you.

@mattihase Your autosave loaded into the KSC Screen and there was no apparent craft within the game even though there was evidence of a craft within the code itself.

Here is a video showing how I am attempting to replicate your issue:

Guess we have to add "autosaved workspaces do not actually show up as crafts in the game" to the list of bugs.

anyway here's a gallery of all the screenshots I'd wanted to share. including what it looked like in the vab and the smaller  vessel showcasing the bug like above.

https://imgur.com/a/Rs1wIVE

The vessel in the workspace file I gave you had the first vessel in it (according to the thumb).

All I did was load a save of the KSC (from 0.1.3.0 if that's relevant), build a craft, see the display was off in the VAB and screenshot it, not save it, launch, have the issue, try and revert (but be denied because the vessel wasn't saved under a name?), build another craft to see if it was just a one off, and when it wasn't, screenshot and submit as bug.

the autosave wasn't a save, it was an auto saved craft file, or workspace, or whatever complex file format stuff the game wants to do to make it impossible to find vessels anymore these days, just in case that needed clearing up.

Edited by mattihase

5 minutes ago, mattihase said:

Guess we have to add "autosaved workspaces do not actually show up as crafts in the game" to the list of bugs.

anyway here's a gallery of all the screenshots I'd wanted to share. including what it looked like in the vab and the smaller  vessel showcasing the bug like above.

https://imgur.com/a/Rs1wIVE

The vessel in the workspace file I gave you had the first vessel in it (according to the thumb).

Oh. It's a craft file. Sorry. Brain Fart. I have only ever been given autosaves for outside the VAB. The json file is the only one necessary so I didn't even think to look at the little thumbnail.

1 minute ago, mattihase said:

oh hey neat, the bug isn't replicable!

I'll see if I can bundle you the career file this happened in, if you think that would help?

Career files do have some settings in them so that might help. Yes.

I also recommend the following:

First:
Verify the KSP2 files.

Second:
Move the Intercept Games folder in the appdata folder to somewhere save.
Location: %userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\  (that exact line will work in windows explorer) The folder is Intercept Games

Then restart KSP2 forcing it to create default folders and setting files.

Again I've not got the game on my PC at the moment because of space reasons.

Not on the steam release anyway so I can't do the verify thing, just re-download it from the PD website very slowly, but I will make sure to purge the locallow folder at some point because I kinda want to start from scratch next time I download. Not really all that fond of the centralised saves thing anyway, any hopes of that changing?

9 minutes ago, mattihase said:

Not on the steam release anyway so I can't do the verify thing, just re-download it from the PD website very slowly, but I will make sure to purge the locallow folder at some point because I kinda want to start from scratch next time I download. Not really all that fond of the centralised saves thing anyway, any hopes of that changing?

Personally I think its settings in the appdata folder that has something weird going on. Try that first is my recommendation.

If that doesn't work. Reinstall from the file you already have first. I haven't had a corrupted direct download in a long time.

I did post a suggestion of at least having appdata subfolders having their own versions.
Everything in their same folder could be a problem for testing bugs over multiple versions.
But no response as of yet.

If it is the Intercept Games appdata folder, supplying that could help get to the bottom of the issue.

Edited by Anth12