Inconsistent Trajectory, Solved?

Douces

Reported Version: v0.1.3.2 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 

The bug manifests itself by the AP and PE changing without apparent user DV input. By observation, I believe the bug is due to the bell of the engine being tilted changes the COG (EDIT COM) and applies torque in the opposite direction. Could this over time apply appreciable DV? When you are travelling at extremely low m/s w SAS on, the Vel Prograde keeps changing seemingly in sync with the bell's SAS input. So this problem exists in real life. Back to ingame, the effect would be exacerbated over time warp, and sometimes when exiting timewarp the AP/PE will change dramatically, from 20k alt to an impact trajctory.

Too accurate physics + ingame help = death in space

Hilarious.

EDIT: I think all implements that apply torque can be to blame. This includes SAS modules.

Included Attachments:

KerbalSpaceProgram22023-08-2017-23-58.mp4

Edited by Anth12

3 hours ago, Douces said:

The bug manifests itself by the AP and PE changing without apparent user DV input. By observation, I believe the bug is due to the bell of the engine being tilted changes the COG (EDIT COM) and applies torque in the opposite direction. Could this over time apply appreciable DV? When you are travelling at extremely low m/s w SAS on, the Vel Prograde keeps changing seemingly in sync with the bell's SAS input. So this problem exists in real life. Back to ingame, the effect would be exacerbated over time warp, and sometimes when exiting timewarp the AP/PE will change dramatically, from 20k alt to an impact trajctory.

Too accurate physics + ingame help = death in space

Hilarious.

EDIT: I think all implements that apply torque can be to blame. This includes SAS modules.

What I observed:

• The engine bell doesn't cause changes in torque.
  • The AP and PE aren't changing.
  • The velocity in relation to the target is indicating small changes.
  • Prograde/Retrograde indicators are moving around quite a bit in a weird way when SAS/reaction wheels are on.
  • Prograde/Retrograde indicators don't move around wildly if SAS is on and reaction wheels are off.
  • Prograde/Retrograde indicators show some sort of minor fluctuations even when the reaction wheels are off.
  • Prograde/Retrograde indicators appears to be forced into their correct positions by timewarp.