Fairing adjust system (how do you prefer to interact with the procedural fairings?)

Vl3d

Fairing adjust system  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What system for adjusting the fairing do you prefer?

• I prefer auto-adjusting to the size of the cargo (I want the option to not waste time drawing the fairings - just give me the fastest, aesthetically pleasing and aerodinamically efficient solution)
    • I want both auto and manual adjusting capability
    • Manually-adjusting by dragging the arrows like initially implemented in KSP 2
    • Manually-adjusting by clicking around the cargo like in KSP 1

3 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

You seem to enjoy taking what I  say and turning it around, regardless of whether there is merit to what I say or not, so I'm gonna stop replying.

My opinion on the topic is if there is going to be an "auto-fairing" feature, make it optional...people like doing cool stuff with fairings that aren't always intuitive, and that makes the game richer.

Edited by Meecrob

On 9/6/2023 at 8:35 AM, Meecrob said:

My opinion on the topic is if there is going to be an "auto-fairing" feature, make it optional...people like doing cool stuff with fairings that aren't always intuitive, and that makes the game richer.

I think the auto-fairing feature may be best left to modders down the line as it was in KSP-1 or as a feature to be added after 1.0. I think it's more important to replicate the ease-of-use of KSP1's fairing system than a mod-added feature from KSP1.

I mentioned it earlier, but it may have gotten lost in the scuffle. I think both the KSP2 and KSP1 method can exist within the current system without needing it to be "optional" per se. The current system works great when precision is needed, but a faster less precise method would be ideal for most cases. Allowing for both the height adjustment arrow and width adjustment arrow to be toggled and tied to the mouse movement would satisfy both the need for speed and, when required, precision.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.