Model issues with Mk1-3 "Gumball" Command Pod

QwertyHpp

Reported Version: v0.1.4 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel i9-9750H | GPU: RTX3060 | RAM32GB

Encountered some unexpected issues with the Mk1-3 command pod model - where the collider appears to just be a cylinder rather than a cone (i.e. it sits and rolls perfectly horizontal).

There also appears to be some texture clipping going on at the base of the command pod - resulting in a strip of flickering black triangles.

Craft File:
pods.json

Video Evidence:
KerbalSpaceProgram22023-09-0322-53-27.mp4

Screenshots:

20230904004802_1.jpg.37ec1a23e20d3a2797b07917745892ad.jpg

20230904004829_1.jpg.2096967bb1de7248e7e2d0c149ce7e5c.jpg

Edited by Anth12
Adding files

10 hours ago, Anth12 said:

@QwertyHpp 
That's definitely a weird thing to happen. Is there something unusual about the way you assembled your craft?
I didn't have the same issue.

It was a part of a test rig so there were a few unusual parts to it - but I've narrowed it down and it appears that its potentially related to the engine plate bug, I don't actually think its an issue with the command pod but rather the decoupled engine plate.

Since the engine plating doesn't have a collider it appeared to just be the command pod

Edited by QwertyHpp

1 minute ago, QwertyHpp said:

It was a part of a test rig so there were a few unusual parts to it - but I've narrowed it down and it appears that its potentially related to the engine plate bug, I don't actually think its an issue with the command pod but rather the decoupled engine plate (below image after reproducing & then quicksaving and quickloading):

Can you please do the following for me?

1. Create a new bug report with your craft file
  2. Put me in the title
  3. Put the link to this bug report in the body of text

That way I can test it quickly, and add it to this bug report after the fact without you having to upload it to a file sharing site.

On 9/4/2023 at 12:43 AM, QwertyHpp said:

It was a part of a test rig so there were a few unusual parts to it - but I've narrowed it down and it appears that its potentially related to the engine plate bug, I don't actually think its an issue with the command pod but rather the decoupled engine plate.

Since the engine plating doesn't have a collider it appeared to just be the command pod

You are right. It is the engine plate that is the problem and not the command pod. I am finishing up a bug report that is more specific.