Meltdowns 2023 career

Duke MelTdoWn

I started a new career game at the beginning of 2023, normal difficulty, stock + Breaking Ground.
Here is an overview of the current status, you join me at the end of day 49.

Y001D049H5M29
Funds: 9,081,558 (all building upgrades unlocked)
Science: 4269 (everything researched)
Flights: 99
Assigned Kerbals: 58

Mun

MunStation I

Currently 768 parts, 248 tons, 7 crew. 55x56km equatorial Mun orbit. This was my first Station. First module was launched on day 7 (16.02.23).

Spoiler

tNkaoXu.jpg

Many modules were added to it over time. The old OXSTAT  panels were upgraded in a futile attempt to get the part count down.6x2Oy6v.jpg

Two Mun Landers (CarLa class) are also stationed here. MunMiner III can be seen in the picture at the far left, but is currently not docked. 
zD7GBKb.jpg

The latest addition was a Ottar Refinery and Reginn Ore Miner. I used it to complete a contract to have 5000 ore on board the station.
Ptd2JRJ.jpg
zK2zwLW.jpg

Reginn is currently on its way to rendezvous with Pannychis in low Kerbin orbit (next contract to have ore there). Also, the two crew with Mun experience will relieve some rookies for the trip to Gilly.
cFF7pJI.jpg

MunStation II

Currently 485 parts, 163 tons, 2 crew.  55x56km equatorial Mun orbit on opposite side of MunStation I. This was split off from MunStation I on day 34 (02.04.23) in another attempt to get the frame rate back up.

Spoiler

JEjqkAX.jpg

The latest addition was Billy-Bobos Lab, which was salvaged by a Giraffa Rover from low Mun orbit.tqGDdiu.jpg4QLVNRp.jpg

CarLa 7 and MunLab I are docked here.
ts1kwHc.jpg

Mun Station 'Freia'

Currently 361 parts, 119 tons, 4 crew.  56x53km polar Mun orbit. This is a prototype of Moho Exploration Stack 'Maia' being tested. Launched on day 30.

Spoiler

knKDXiB.jpg

Loki is a prototype of the Icarus Lander (without the rover deployment feature). It ran out of fuel when I attempted two landings in one go and had to be rescued by a Samaritan Rover.bsFWD8v.jpg

Sindri is a prototype of Hephaistos (without the telescoping grip pads).
vOKFky9.jpg

MunMiner II

126 parts, 75 tons, 7 crew. Currently landed near Mun Arc to show 5 tourists the sights. Launched on day 19.

Spoiler

VrtBjLv.jpgGv8SGnv.jpg

MunMiner III

129 parts, 70 tons, 3 crew. Currently landed in Soutwest Crater on rover repair contract. This is much more stable when landed than MunMiner I or II. Launched on day 22.

Spoiler

XbxFHPm.jpgHsTftmY.jpg5RCqpvM.jpg

'Samaritan' Refueling Rover

78 parts, 26 tons, 1 crew. The Samaritan design came in handy twice already to refuel Giraffa and Loki.  Currently landed in Highlands to gather scans from large Mun craters. Launched on day 38.

Spoiler

KGaV9rY.jpgCGs18Wa.jpgibhCOHg.jpg

'Teardrop 11' Shuttle

57 parts, 25 tons, 4 crew. Teardrop 11  is currently inbound from Minmus to MunStation I. On board is part of the original crew of MinmusBase I and a tourist. This was originally launched to Minmus on day 33.

Spoiler

2x7J7Rz.jpg

Edited by Duke MelTdoWn

Minmus

MinmusBase I

204 parts, 63 tons, 4 crew. Landed in Lowlands on 14.39% ore. I used this Mentha class base to explore the entirety of Minmus. The detachable pods came in very handy for biome hopping and contracts. One of my most efficient designs. Launched on day 17, arrived on day 24.

Spoiler

hG0Ew3M.jpgwWokz0t.jpgHzdxBoy.jpg

I recently constructed a small sat from spare parts to complete the "Return a vessel from surface of Minmus" criterion.hHP0WZl.jpguikdPXx.jpg8CzSHEe.jpg

MinmusStation I

189 parts, 52 tons, 4 crew. 36x35 km equatorial Minmus orbit. Launched on day 27. Arrived at Minmus on day 37.

Spoiler

ATMxGla.jpg8MPGney.jpg

MinmusMiner I

149 parts, 70 tons. Currently docked at MinmusStation I. This was originally destined the be the fourth Miner on the Mun, but due to navigation error ended up here. Launched on day 31.

Spoiler

HcLKLkC.jpgGCx48fi.jpg

MunMiner I

137 parts, 65 tons. Currently docked at MinmusStation I. This was transferred from the Mun because it was too unstable when landed. Launched on day 17 to the Mun. Transferred to Minmus on day 29, arrived on day 36.

Spoiler

C5maU4z.jpgdBpYCtq.jpg

'Icarus II' Minmus Lander

85 parts, 12 tons. Currently docked at MinmusStation I after a Sat repair contract and trip to the North Pole. This is a flight spare of Icarus as flown on the Maia stack to Moho. An Antlion and Scarab rover are also available for deployment by Icarus II. The grabbing unit of Antlion comes in real handy. Launched on day 33, arrived on day 40.

Spoiler

V7QIsAn.jpgeGv6axD.jpgZbEYdaQ.jpg

'Sandworm' Rover Prototype

123 parts, 49 tons, 2 crew. Recently landed in Lowlands for testing. This is the prototype of the Sandworm en route to Moho. Very compact for its capabilities (Lab, large ISRU, long range). Launched on day 39.

Spoiler

UyzukQc.jpgnzd7mqX.jpg4fnfajb.jpg

I burst a tire, should have picked a flatter spot for landing. Or not landed with the 'Piggyback' Range Extender attached.

Edited by Duke MelTdoWn

Moho

... if they can make their capture burns.

'Maia' Moho Exploration Stack

"We have come to stay, and we brought toys." Maia was the first interplanetary stack launched in this career. I hope I packed everything I need. Launched on day 32; VeHeReLau recovered day 33; day 33 - 40 periapsis kicks; Kerbin escape burn day 43

uaM59rP.jpg

From left to right: VeHeReLau Launcher, Icarus Lander, Hermes Station, Hephaistos Miner, Nabu Depot with Antlion and Scarab Rovers attached, Phaethon Relay Carrier

Spoiler

6qcoYCH.jpgtdlBzUt.jpgdAzTMNJ.jpgP5XuDrt.jpg9xeA8Rd.jpgNLbnJQP.jpgiU4bvzz.jpgnIhifkn.jpg

'Sandworm' Exploration Rover

"The best part is no part and the less parts the better." Sandworm was flown as an insurance policy if Maia runs into trouble. Prototype is currently at Minmus.

'Sancus' Long Range Shuttle

"I did not read the fine print." Sancus was flown as an insurance policy if one of the Kerbals gets homesick.

Edited by Duke MelTdoWn

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.