Infernal Robotics Next - ConnectionSystem

Rudolf Meier

Infernal Robotics Next - ConnectionSystem

Fully functional LEE, GF and CBM or "Latching End Effector", "Grapple Fixture" and "Common Berthing Mechanism".

This mod gives you and other modders the possibility to add this functionality to existing parts and finally do with robotics what you always wanted to do.

No movements, camera positioning or explosions when a part is grabbed by a robotic arm and high-precision construction work is now a reality.

See it in Action

Supported KSP Version

Works with 1.12 and later. The latest version is compiled against 1.12.3

How To Get It

this mod is CKAN-Indexed-green.svg

Download: https://github.com/meirumeiru/IR-ConnectionSystem/releases

Source: https://github.com/meirumeiru/IR-ConnectionSystem

License: GPL-3.0

Info For Developers

This mod uses the mod "DockingFunctions".

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

how do I control this like you do in the video? because from what I can find there's no guide on how to use your mod, it's a really amazing mod btw, just wanna know how to use it properly, also there's a problem where it doesn't work with the HT Robotics for some reason

6 minutes ago, slyfox023 said:

how do I control this like you do in the video? because from what I can find there's no guide on how to use your mod, it's a really amazing mod btw, just wanna know how to use it properly, also there's a problem where it doesn't work with the HT Robotics for some reason

oh uhh you need the ik module... and it's not ready yet... @Rudolf Meier any info on the IK module?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, slyfox023 said:

I hope this mod wasn't abandoned

no, it's not, but it is more a mod for other modders to add it to their parts... that's why I don't have much news to post... I can help building MM patches or stuff like that or modify it in case someone wants more features... but in the end it must become popular with the part makers

1 minute ago, Rudolf Meier said:

no, it's not, but it is more a mod for other modders to add it to their parts... that's why I don't have much news to post... I can help building MM patches or stuff like that or modify it in case someone wants more features... but in the end it must become popular with the part makers

that's fair, well would it be possible to give a guide on how to set it up in game then?

2 hours ago, slyfox023 said:

that's fair, well would it be possible to give a guide on how to set it up in game then?

sure...

I did build for example patches for HabTech2 and htRobotics ... maybe that's a starting point (it seems, that they are not yet in the latest release by the way... don't know when there will be a new release)

or, if you still have questions, I can also try to create a little documentation (which is planed anyway, but I thought, maybe I'll wait until I have finished all my tests... and then I ran out of time... but I'll do it somewhen in the future... especially now that it seems to be clear, that we won't see a shift towards KSP2)

On 5/28/2024 at 6:20 PM, Rudolf Meier said:

sure...

I did build for example patches for HabTech2 and htRobotics ... maybe that's a starting point (it seems, that they are not yet in the latest release by the way... don't know when there will be a new release)

or, if you still have questions, I can also try to create a little documentation (which is planed anyway, but I thought, maybe I'll wait until I have finished all my tests... and then I ran out of time... but I'll do it somewhen in the future... especially now that it seems to be clear, that we won't see a shift towards KSP2)

thanks, and sorry for bothering ya mate 

8 hours ago, slyfox023 said:

thanks, and sorry for bothering ya mate 

no problem, I'm glad to see that there's some interest in this mod... I hope this mod gets a bit more popular soon... and by the way, it also uses the "DockingFunctions" which is also a library to do docking completely without stock functions (and thus without all the problems it has)