screenshot0-1.png

screenshot2-1.png

screenshot1-1.png

screenshot5-1.png

Simple design. Oh well, just a starter in this pack :D

Role(s):

-Orbiter (planned, intended)

-Ordnance carrier (current)

This ship is pretty nice for, well, flying and gliding. It can also land on about any flat surface at speeds less than 40 m/s. Handling is pretty good imo.

RCS thrusters are included for improved maneuverability, particularly while landing the craft. EDIT: Added VTOL capabilities. Be very careful with the thrusters now - they\'re heavy. Just double tap them while flying, hold for a short time to achieve a VTOL.

Buzzing the KSC: i2XCz.jpg

Also: perfect glide landing at a mere 25 m/s. Back wheels first, like a Kerbal boss. (But really, it works much better landing on the back wheels)

McOq1.jpg

m0p5f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The variant of spaceplane that got me into an unescapable orbit around the sun, farther out than Kirbin....

The prototype of the LongHawk (A jet I\'ll post later)....

The X3 EU (Exploration Unit) ProtoHawk. (No download cause of technical difficulty)

The thing actually surprised me when it got me out past the Mun, let alone farther out than Kirbin to the sun.

Here is the Pride of Kerbonia, and two stage to orbit, landable (Jeb looked sad when we told him) space plane.

A few things of note here:

• [li]For some reason, it seems to want to start tumbling wildly when it begins re-entry. With a firm but deft hand on the stick, you can recover from this.[/li]
    [li]When landing, pop the nose parachute at about a thousand meters. It will want to flip over, but you have enough command authority to maintain your heading and touchdown at about 15m/s.[/li]
    [li]I used parts from C-7\'s pack, Sunday Punch\'s pack, and NovaSilisko\'s pack.[/li]

They all do that on reentry. Its incredibly annoying with much larger craft.

-snip-

Also: perfect glide landing at a mere 25 m/s. Back wheels first, like a Kerbal boss. (But really, it works much better landing on the back wheels.

-snip-

Don\'t you mean [glow=red,2,300]front[/glow]?

-snip-

Don\'t you mean [glow=red,2,300]front[/glow]?

Go ahead, download the .craft and try to land with the front wheel touching down first... I dare you.

edit: Uploaded my Delta II craft.

It\'s based on the Delta I, which is the VTOL Experiments .craft without the RCS.

Much, much more stable, both in flight and in landing.

If you haven\'t seen it around the forums yet, here\'s a screenie or two:

A8JDu.jpg

zdjK2.jpg

Protip: the Delta II in its current configuration is not intended for horizontal landings. You can put wheels on it if you\'d like, I\'ve gotten it to land pretty decently using wheels, but personally I prefer VTOL and skids seem to work better for me.

I now present my CRV-X16 (CravTek Recon Vehicle Experiment 16)

This craft features, an, admittedly, slightly modified engine.

This variant, in particular, while missing the shocks, landing gear, or boosters, is armed with both Railguns and Missiles for deep offensive strikes. Jeb, however, complains that the railguns are too heavy, slowing him down.

(And yes, the watermark was inspired by Syrsa\'s signature- I just had to.)

I now present my CRV-X16 (CravTek Recon Vehicle Experiment 16)

This craft features, an, admittedly, slightly modified engine.

This variant, in particular, while missing the shocks, landing gear, or boosters, is armed with both Railguns and Missiles for deep offensive strikes. Jeb, however, complains that the railguns are too heavy, slowing him down.

(And yes, the watermark was inspired by Syrsa\'s signature- I just had to.)

Why are the least extravegant aircraft made by the most talented (or above average) artist?

I\'d consider that background expert quality.

But now you need a plane to live up to that name aswell. ;)

Why are the least extravegant aircraft made by the most talented (or above average) artist?

I\'d consider that background expert quality.

But now you need a plane to live up to that name aswell. ;)

Eh. I spent like 5 minutes on the background. And I feel new still, joining the KSP community very recently, as well me being new to the whole building thing.

Eh. I spent like 5 minutes on the background. And I feel new still, joining the KSP community very recently, as well me being new to the whole building thing.

Welcome to the Explosion-eers club! Most of the spaceplanes I build end up that way. Exploded I mean. My first spaceplane was built with *cough* stock parts and it was literally a flying pile of dark brown... anyway, this looks like a fine effort, even managing to add some of the finer details such as the weapons. Hopefully shortly after this screenshot was taken, it didn\'t suddenly go haywire and Crash \'N\' Burn!

Welcome to the Explosion-eers club! Most of the spaceplanes I build end up that way. Exploded I mean. My first spaceplane was built with *cough* stock parts and it was literally a flying pile of dark brown... anyway, this looks like a fine effort, even managing to add some of the finer details such as the weapons. Hopefully shortly after this screenshot was taken, it didn\'t suddenly go haywire and Crash \'N\' Burn!

It didn\'t. It got into orbit.... And got stuck in space because the engine is so powerful.

So! I have some interesting designs i made work :)

Arkbird RCS (Trainer)

A easy Less Difficult version of the Arkbird for getting use to the flying style. Very stable and easy to land. Wont win any speed records. Can launch into orbit and recover with fuel to do loops.

rr7Fi.jpg

1DNDU.png

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2M36OXYM

Arkbird Mk2 (Standard Use)

Jeb would be proud, double Triple the power, double Triple the difficulty of the RCS, can carry much heavier loads piggyback. Much harder to land.

fynr8.png

Q48Il.jpg

(Bill and bob aint to happy here)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TVHE0U15

Arkbird Super Transporter (WiP)

OH GOD WHAT!? So its a stretched arkbird with a H Tail to accomidate truly titanic size packages. Rather nice flight characteristics loaded, Huge ammounts of lift and High power, Exceptional Yaw stability.

NIGHTMARE TO LAND (Uses a Mk2 hull dual engine part, Get it http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=4435.0

fEevw.jpg

G3N2H.jpg

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V6LRKDEV

The first in what should hopefully be numerous 'officially' classed aircraft, the MA-01:

ScreenShot512.png

ScreenShot513.png

ScreenShot514.png

And, to my knowledge (and that of the few who were on IRC at the time of asking), the first effective taildragger. The gear configuration gives it quite nice landing, and very nice takeoff characteristics, though it is quite touchy coming down. (With two-plate gear, the wings will not forgive any bank. With actual gear instead, the rear mounting tanks explode quite dramatically.) I\'ll probably download the water skids to test their effectiveness.

While it means sacrificing the lower wings, and possibly an elevator or two, that much gear supporting it results in quite nice water characteristics. Sits neatly with pod clear out of the water, and -would- be able to takeoff again ...

The CTI presents it\'s first shuttle, also launched from a B.A.S.E. unit, light enough to land in ANYWHERE without any damage, the S-01 Igor. It\'s RCS clusters are so powerful, it can fly using JUST the RCS units, and act as a makeshift boat in emergencies!

To land: Use RCS (Applies anywhere).

WARNING: THE CTI IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CRASHES CAUSED BY LACK OF RCS FUEL, PILOT SKILL/CREW, WINGS, OR RCS.

Not yet for download due to all my .craft files being invisible (Someone help?).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.