Only Ui audio works when skipping new campaign animation cinematic

Mushylog

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29/‎06/‎2022 OS build 19045.3570 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19052.1000.0 | CPU: CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz Base speed: 3.40 GHz Sockets: 1 Cores: 4 Logical | GPU: GPU 0 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Driver version: 31.0.15.4592 Driver date: 19/10/2023 DirectX | RAMMemory 32.0 GB DDR3 Speed: 1600 MHz Slots used: 4 of 4 Form factor: DIMM Hardware reserved: 4

Specs:

Spoiler

image.png?ex=654fae37&is=653d3937&hm=6d0

Severity: Low. If you reload the last save again, environment sound, music and craft sound are working again.

Frequency: High. It happened 2 times out of 2 reproductions.

How to reproduce the audio bug: Create a new sandbox campaign. Loading screen appears, then the animation tutorial intro cinematic appears: immediately skip it by clicking the cross on the bottom right of the screen. The KSC appears without music. Launch a rocket via the VAB: on the launchpad, when the engine fires, there is no sound. No music.

Audio returns to normal behaviour once the save is reloaded.

A video of the bug happening:

Edited by The Space Peacock

I just tested without skipping the intro cinematic. I just created a new save with the new user experience enabled, to have the intro, and the bug does not trigger because the cinematic animation is skipped.

The music of the KSC is disabled, any launch for any vessel will have no music or sound effect.

Can you confirm that you are NOT using the keypad to help type in the new name of the campaign?  NUMPAD 1 mutes all audio, and NUMPAD 2 mutes sound.  When used while typing in the campaign name, it improperly mutes audio (as well as making the 1 or 2 appear in your text), and does not even have the yellow message indication appear on the screen.

I can confirm. This actually happend to me upon making a new game for the first time, I didn't skip the intro video, but also needed to reload before any sounds would play. This definitely impacts first time user experience.

18 hours ago, dansiegel30 said:

Can you confirm that you are NOT using the keypad to help type in the new name of the campaign?  NUMPAD 1 mutes all audio, and NUMPAD 2 mutes sound.  When used while typing in the campaign name, it improperly mutes audio (as well as making the 1 or 2 appear in your text), and does not even have the yellow message indication appear on the screen.

The video linked in the post (at 1:14 timestamp) confirms that I did not use the numpads to mute the music or audio as I do press the buttons to mute/unmute audio and music.

• 1 month later...

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | CPU: 1x Intel Core i7-13700K (3.4 GHz / 5.4 GHz) | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 EAGLE 16G | RAMG.Skill Flare X5 Series Low Profile 32 Go (2x 16 Go) DDR5 6000 MHz CL30

Got the music and the interface sounds when I launch the game. When I launch a new campaign, after the first cinematic, I only have the interface sound and nothing else.

Included Attachments:

kspsoundbug.mp4

LocalLowInterceptgames.zip