fuel tank habitat mod

Don0303

way back there were plans and concepts for converting the shuttle's external tank into a habitat once in orbit, i think this would work really well for a ksp mod, possibly using materialkits to convert empty tanks, maybe even have premade modular habitat segments to fit any fuel tank, can't currently find any mods like this and I think it could be perfect for setting up simple stations, especially for those who like 70s style NASA builds

Er2AvgSXMAEQ8WB.jpg

Edited by Don0303

57 minutes ago, Foozle said:

BDB has wet workshop parts.

oh nice! def going to check that out, but I was thinking more for stock and stockalike fuel tanks and with more choice in convertible tanks, more having it be something optional on almost any discarded tank

mFIAHbO.png

ok so the current plan, this part would be the Habitat Conversion Module, this would be attached to the tank and contain some docking ports, on the side it has attachment nodes for each habitat section, you can connect different sections depending on the fuel tank size and what kind of habs you want (crew, command, workshop, lab, deepfreeze, etc), honestly, I may be able to make this myself with a bit of work

Edited by Don0303

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.