CollectingSP's Kerbalized Space Program- (EELV's Galore!) A Mix Of Realism, Fantasy, and Make-Believe Bureaucracy [Spaceport news/advisories] (7/23/24)

CollectingSP

ULA/KSC PAO JOINT PRESS RELEASE (2024-06-21)

SCRUB: Standing down from today's Delta IV Medium (DV-014)/ Eutelsat W1 launch attempt

At approximately L-minus 18 Minutes before tonight's 5:40 PM EST launch attempt of the United Launch Alliance Delta IV rocket carrying Eutelsat W1, A scrub was called due to prevailing upper-level winds in the rocket's flight path off of the Florida coast.

A new launch window has been set for tomorrow, June 22nd, 2024, from Space Launch Complex 39B at John F. Kennedy Space Center, Florida. The window will open at approximately 4:05PM EST and will close at 4:35PM EST.

Please stay tuned for continuing coverage and updates about Delta IV DV-014's Launch Campaign with Eutelsat W1.

(Last Updated 5:29PM 06/21/2024)

(As always, this is a work of fiction.)

Posted (edited)

UNITED LAUNCH ALLIANCE PRESS RELEASE (2024-06-23)

LAST UPDATED AT PUBLICATION

Mission Success!

Delta IV Delivers the Eutelsat W1 Spacecraft to Geosynchronous orbit for Eutelsat S.A.

iT586Rv.png

A United Launch Alliance Delta IV Medium (4,2) Rocket lifted off from Space Launch Complex 39B at John F. Kennedy Space Center, Florida yesterday (June 22nd, 2024) at 4:25 PM Eastern Standard Time (0825 Zulu,) carrying Eutelsat W1, a Geosynchronous telecommunications satellite, for Eutelsat S.A. of Paris, France.

Eutelsat W1 is the first satellite in a series of five new telecommunications satellites built by Alcatel Space for Eutelsat S.A. Of Paris, France. The new W-Series satellites are designed to provide telecommunications services primarily over Europe (Eutelsat W1, W2, and W5) and telecommunications services over Russia and Africa (W3 and W4). All of the W-Series Satellites are planned to be launched by Delta IV Medium (4,2) Rockets from Florida’s Space Coast.

The Delta IV’s Delta Cryogenic Second Stage (DCSS) Successfully Delivered Eutelsat W1 to its target Geosynchronous Orbit at 11:59:17 PM Eastern Standard Time- approximately 7 hours, 33 minutes, and 52 seconds after launch, separating from the ULA-provided payload adapter. Orbital insertion was determined to be a “Bullseye,” meaning that Eutelsat W1 was in a near geosynchronous orbit over eastern Europe.

This mission was the eleventh Delta IV Rocket to be flown since its inaugural launch in 2020 and the fourth Delta IV Medium (4,2). It was also the first Delta IV Rocket to be flown for a fully commercial (non-government) customer under contract with Boeing Commercial Launch Services.

There was no mission dedication for yesterday's launch, per customer request.

(As always, this is a work of fiction.)

The payload and interstage artwork can be seen below.

Spoiler

5MUG0Jr.png       Xw5ieYL.png

Launch Photography and Renderings of Eutelsat W1 in Orbit can be found below. 

Image Caption(s) in spoiler.

Spoiler

(Kennedy Space Center, Florida- June 22nd, 2024) A United Launch Alliance Delta IV  Rocket Lifts off from Launch Complex 39B, Kennedy Space Center, Florida, On June 22nd, 2024 at 04:25 PM EST. Aboard is the Eutelsat W1 telecommunications satellite for Eutelsat S.A. Of Paris, France. Providing coverage over the entire European continent, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Americas, Eutelsat is one of the world's premier telecommunications satellite operators, and the upcoming W-series spacecraft will enable them to continue providing enhanced coverage to their customers. the Eutelsat W1 Satellite was deployed successfully about seven hours and thirty minutes after launch, around midnight on the 23rd of June. (ULA Courtesy images)

yV8XQUK.pngk3v9D53.pngohrhkfr.pngHZdgKmT.pngpvvt5ia.pngGilZ0Y5.png1WQL7Pp.pngJ2vyxoN.png

Renderings of Eutelsat W1 in orbit  (Artist's Impression) 

OW3P7Pn.pngATCsExW.pngeAaMuWz.png

Edited by CollectingSP

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

4iTpCdx.pngKBT6WTZ.png

SPACEPORT NEWS- 23 JULY 2024 EDITION

A serious note-

If the forums do eventually go down, I'd like to thank everyone for their continued support of this page. it's been a lot of fun to write all of this and share my program with people. I may migrate this to a different website, but I'm hoping that there's no need for that.

Additionally, I'd like to apologize for my extended hiatus. I've been working on missions in the background, but sometimes my personal life trumps KSP, as many of you may understand.  ;) 

I'm back now!

P.S.- 10K Views! Woohoo! :sticktongue:

Edited by CollectingSP
Spaceport News