Mod Request - Free moving Camera

pippo_jedi

Hi,

I've searched the forum and on spacedock but I could not find anything... so here's my request: a Mod that allows the camera to move freely around, as not attached to a particular vehicle. It would be a bonus if it was programmable with movements and has some "Camera option" for making screenshots or to make footage usable for screen capture.

I think the community would greatly benefit from a tool that allows content creators, or just general ksp lovers, to easily create content.

Thank you.

On 11/18/2023 at 7:12 PM, m_spaceman said:

Check out CameraTools:

It allows doing just as you described, including keyframing of movements and fixed positioning. Here is an amazing example of a short someone made using it (as well as other graphics mods): https://youtu.be/LihN1_FCeWE

Good luck :wink:

Wrong game :P This is the KSP2 Modding section, this won't work.

19 hours ago, chefsbrian said:

Wrong game :P This is the KSP2 Modding section, this won't work.

Ah. Well as for KSP2 mods, the general consensus seems that modding won't really be that much of a thing until the game is somewhat fleshed out and the devs add APIs...at this point it's not really moddable at all.

But I would expect that in the future there will certainly be an adaptation of CameraTools for '2, not any that I know of right now though

On 11/21/2023 at 11:49 PM, m_spaceman said:

Ah. Well as for KSP2 mods, the general consensus seems that modding won't really be that much of a thing until the game is somewhat fleshed out and the devs add APIs...at this point it's not really moddable at all.

Not true, we already have ~100 mods for KSP2, and the number keeps growing steadily. The game is perfectly moddable as it is, and the addition of an official mod loader won't really change much, other than some of the boilerplate for the initialization of mods, which is abstracted away by the SpaceWarp modding API anyway (which supports both BepInEx and the WIP official mod loader already).

Best thing to do if someone wants to request a mod or learn how to make one is to head to the KSP2 Modding Society Discord server.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.