Separation Does Not Create 2 Craft

NaughtyMonster

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045 64-bit | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER (8019MB) | RAM32683

I tried to stage a "daughter" satellite from its "mother" but the game does not register the two craft as separate (resources, probes etc showing in the same list & only one craft in map view and tracking station).

It could be something stupid that I'm doing but I can't for the life of me figure out where I could be going wrong.

Included Attachments:

SeparationDoesNotCreate2Craft_logs.zip

Craft File:

Duna Comm Sats.json

Edited by Anth
Adding craft file

@NaughtyMonster Can you supply the craft file? If so can you please upload it creating a new bug report, add my name to the title and have a link to this bug report within it.

The save files show the problem but there's no way to know why your problem is occurring without the craft file.

@Anth My bad, I'd assumed the craft file was part of the save file.

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9chum6od1emyts2to0il2/DunaCommSats.zip?rlkey=k0p8v0tsbbsu15xjxcx6so8pm&dl=1

I just tried relaunching it into LKO and got the same result from separating the first daughter satellite but, when I staged the second one, it did separate from the mother okay but the two daughter sats remain linked i.e. both their engines fire together even though they appear separate in space.

Here's a screenshot of them:

WeirdDaughters.jpg?rlkey=2cw4oi5f1l3k607

So, I just went back to the VAB and replaced the decoupler for the first daughter sat with a stack separator and relaunched the whole craft and it separated fine (though the antenna wouldn't extend, claiming they were "blocked" even though it was an actual copy of the second daughter sat on which the antenna extended without a problem).

So, the initial "non-separation" issue would appear to be in the first daughter's decoupler somehow.

Edited by NaughtyMonster