Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

New map is perfect for fine tuning orbit for scanning...I almost have Kerbin fully mapped. Runnin at 283km with 82.6deg inclination at x1000 time warp.

Edit: is it possible to fade empty hexes? or make them a bit more transparent

Edited by KhaosCorp
QUESTION

Edit: is it possible to fade empty hexes? or make them a bit more transparent

If there's demand, I can make those colors configurable.

Hey Majiir, did you mean to have the Resource Info tooltip appear in the flight scene (both while the scanner is off and on)? It feels a bit odd.

How do you mean? The tooltip should only appear in the map view. It's meant to appear regardless of whether you have a scanner onboard. (You can also see maps in the tracking screen, where you might not have any vessels at all.)

Someone reported an issue (which I've reproduced) where installing Kethane and later installing Extraplanetary Launchpads breaks the game. Installing both simultaneously seems to work fine, at least with new saves. It might be possible to upgrade 0.5.1-0.6.1 saves to Kethane+EL as long as they aren't first upgraded without EL. As always, make a backup!

[EDIT] The user who reported the issue has confirmed that upgrading old deposit files will work if both Kethane 0.7 and EL are installed simultaneously.

[EDIT 2] This is actually a critical issue that can cause Kethane data files to completely fail to load. It affects all installations. Hotfix incoming.

Edited by Majiir

Um, I have a strange issue since installing Kethane 0.7. I can't fly any of my vessels.

The game loads, I can go to the tracking station, I can select all vessels, but when I click fly nothing happens.

The game doesn't even lag a little when i click fly. Terminate flight works though.

Um, I have a strange issue since installing Kethane 0.7. I can't fly any of my vessels.

The game loads, I can go to the tracking station, I can select all vessels, but when I click fly nothing happens.

The game doesn't even lag a little when i click fly. Terminate flight works though.

Send me your KSP/KSP_Data/output_log.txt file. (Standard bug reporting procedure!)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g78bn2vshyixs6t/output_log.txt

Additional details: Only the terminate button is working, and after you terminate a flight, the "Terminate" confirmation dialog stays open, but the flight disappears.

The "Back to Space Center" button is non-functional too.

I can focus flights, select them on the left, or in the map, I can focus planetary bodies, but whenever i click Fly nothing happens.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g78bn2vshyixs6t/output_log.txt

Additional details: Only the terminate button is working, and after you terminate a flight, the "Terminate" confirmation dialog stays open, but the flight disappears.

The "Back to Space Center" button is non-functional too.

I can focus flights, select them on the left, or in the map, I can focus planetary bodies, but whenever i click Fly nothing happens.

I'm not seeing anything Kethane-related. I suggest you experiment a bit and try it again with the hotfix coming in a couple minutes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1mzi0v5kj7pc6gc/output_log.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2oqtizlk695tl4a/KSP.log

I just Copied the Lastest Version of Kethane Pack 0.7.1 over my old version,and then loaded uo.

all looked OK, I have a nice layer of the openning screen, of want I can only guest as Kethane deposits :-)

my issue is that when I added the Kethane Control to a stock idea, and then try to lunch, I am getting a black screen, and then I am not able to quit out.

I have attach my two log files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1mzi0v5kj7pc6gc/output_log.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2oqtizlk695tl4a/KSP.log

I just Copied the Lastest Version of Kethane Pack 0.7.1 over my old version,and then loaded uo.

all looked OK, I have a nice layer of the openning screen, of want I can only guest as Kethane deposits :-)

my issue is that when I added the Kethane Control to a stock idea, and then try to lunch, I am getting a black screen, and then I am not able to quit out.

I have attach my two log files.

You need to delete your old Kethane installation. Kethane is now installed in GameData.

First want to say thanks for the mod, but i noticed a minor bug. If your are using solar panels with the kethane overlay turned off it blocks the sunlight from hitting the panels if in an orbit of at least 100k distance(tested) but on the flip side with the kethane overlay turned on it will block the sun light from hitting the panels if you have a large enough orbit (I tested this at keosychronous orbit). you can tell when the overlay may be blocking as the status of the solar panels will say "Blocked by Kethane Overlay" instead of "direct sunlight" etc.

Haha, this is too great.

Though, a couple of questions.

1) Do all bodies have the same amount of hexes? If so, how many hexes to a circumference?

2) If hexes aren't tied to planet size, what are the dimensions of a hex?

is it possible to fade empty hexes? or make them a bit more transparent

I also think the empty hexes should be a little more transparent. :s Or maybe a little slider that lets us adjusts the level of transparency?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.