Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Yes they do. You need to make sure you have the empty fuel tank connected to the converter properly.

Either in the same stack as the converter, or somewhere else on the ship with a fuel line running From the tank To the converter

Edit, your actually right they don't make liquid oxygen. They make oxidizer, the second part needed for rocket fuel.

Is it possible to get those hex maps for both ore and kethane from the KSP folder? Since we can't overlay the two ingame, it'd be nice to be able to do it ourselves.

There's no easy way to do it currently. You can get the scan masks, which are saved in the KSP/saves/<savename>/kethane.cfg file, but that only tells you which cells are scanned for each resource, not the contents of each cell. You could write a tool to do it by downloading the Kethane source and setting up a console app to read in the seed info and scan masks and dump maps (as images or some other format).

windows 7 with steam is your problem you need to open up permissions in your applocal folder or move your steam install to anywhere but program files or config settings will not be saved and new files will not be written unless the program is specifically written for windows under the winvista+ rules witch requires all the configs saves/etc be written to the user folder. personally i make a separate steam folder in the root of my main disk.

Then why are other files in the KSP folder being updated?

Anyway, could find no applocal folder on my system.

I've confirmed an issue (again) where switching between saves during a session can erase deposit and scan data. As soon as I have a fix ready I'll deploy a 0.7.3 hotfix. (I'm away from my development computer right now.) In the meantime, to safely switch between saves, completely close KSP first.

Wouldn't it be possible in theory to use the planetary overlays to mod in some clouds?

The Kethane code is specialized for the geodesic grid overlay. Someone could definitely make a clouds mod, but none of the grid code would be useful for that.

Kethane 0.7.3 has been released. The download link on the first post has been updated.

This update makes performance and data integrity fixes. See the 0.7 release notes for information on upgrading from any version other than 0.7 through 0.7.2.

Changes in this version:

• Fixed an issue where deposit and scan data could be lost when switching between saves during a session.
  • Improved grid mouseover detection performance by a factor of 25. This should eliminate the stuttering issues some experienced. (It also removes the mouseover "gaps" between cells because the new algorithm ignores the actual mesh structure.)

Yes they do. You need to make sure you have the empty fuel tank connected to the converter properly.

Either in the same stack as the converter, or somewhere else on the ship with a fuel line running From the tank To the converter

Edit, your actually right they don't make liquid oxygen. They make oxidizer, the second part needed for rocket fuel.

The thing is I need LiquidOxygen which is a resource from Modular Fuel Tanks. The odd thing is after scrapping that my next craft seemed to make LiquidH2 which is also a modded resource (or is it?). The difference was I used the 2m converter in the second design. Sigh, maybe I'll keep the cryogenic fuels only for non-refueling craft.

EDIT: Yeah the small converter does 4 types, the big 6... SIIIIIIGH It's a cool gameplay thing, but it would be nice to notice earlier.

Edited by Frederf

It shouldn't be too hard to modify the converter to make the fuels you need. There's a manual I think linked in the first post on how to use this to make different resources, tho I don't think LOX would be one of the things kethane should convert into, not until the next update when you'll be able to 'mine' liquid water.

Actually it might be a simple name change in the part.cfg for the converter, since that mod doesn't use most of these fuel types does it?

Well, it turns out I had 0.7.1 installed, not 0.7.2.

Anyway, I installed 0.7.3 and it corrected part of the problem.

Now I have the settings.cfg file automatically created. I changed the ShowOverlay line to False and ran the game.

Mostly the same. The overlay is off by default in the Tracking Station and when I'm in flight, but the splash screen still has the grid.

Thanks again for any advice.

Well, it turns out I had 0.7.1 installed, not 0.7.2.

Anyway, I installed 0.7.3 and it corrected part of the problem.

Now I have the settings.cfg file automatically created. I changed the ShowOverlay line to False and ran the game.

Mostly the same. The overlay is off by default in the Tracking Station and when I'm in flight, but the splash screen still has the grid.

Thanks again for any advice.

Add the following line to your settings.cfg file:

ShowInMenu = False

Kethane 0.7.3 has been released. The download link on the first post has been updated.

This update makes performance and data integrity fixes. See the 0.7 release notes for information on upgrading from any version other than 0.7 through 0.7.2.

Changes in this version:

• Fixed an issue where deposit and scan data could be lost when switching between saves during a session.
  • Improved grid mouseover detection performance by a factor of 25. This should eliminate the stuttering issues some experienced. (It also removes the mouseover "gaps" between cells because the new algorithm ignores the actual mesh structure.)

Thanks for the fixes, Majiir! :)

On my laptop but not my main machine I have a permission issue and KSP puts my saves and craft (and KSP_Data and settings.cfg) in a `virtualstore` for some reason. When I save and when I save craft they go there but all the other KSP files are in the normal place and get updated like normal which means that if I want to sync between my laptop and my main I have to copy all the files from my install folder then copy over the saves and craft as well

It is located at C:\Users\*your user name*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\A Kerbal Space Program

I want to ask, what's the name of the item that decouples at the top of the kethane locator spaceship in the video? It's like more aerodynamic than putting something in the top without that.

Has anyone had any luck modifying the large Kethane drill to mine ore? The modifications that seem to be necessary to the part.cfg are making the ship fail to launch then crash the game. The bold lines are the only ones edited. Can anyone spot my problem? Thanks in advance for the assist!

//Kethane Pack Asset

PART
{
// --- general parameters ---
name = kethane_heavyDrill
module = Part
author = Keptin

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = model.mu
rescaleFactor = 0.63

// --- node definitions ---
node_stack_top = 0.0, 4.528, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_attach = 1.0, 2.274, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1

// --- editor parameters ---
cost = 3500
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = KE-X270 Heavy Drilling Unit
manufacturer = Organization of Kethane Equipment Producers
description = This hydraulic drilling pod solves the long-standing problem of having too much electrical power available on a spacecraft. While it does extract more Kethane per unit of energy expended, "energy efficient" isn't what this behemoth drill brings to mind.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

mass = 4
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.3
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 6
breakingForce = 50
breakingTorque = 50
maxTemp = 2900
fuelCrossFeed = True

[B]MODULE
{
name = KethaneExtractor
PowerConsumption = 24
Resource
{
Name = Ore
Rate = 0.1
}
}[/B]

MODULE
{
name = KethaneDrillAnimator
DeployAnimation = heavyDrill_deploy
DrillAnimation = heavyDrill_drilling
HeadTransform = heavyDrillHead
TailTransform = heavyDrillShaft4
}

MODULE
{
name = KethaneParticleEmitter
Label = gas

ColorAnimation1 = 0.02, 0.025, 0.02
ColorAnimation2 = 0.02, 0.025, 0.02
ColorAnimation3 = 0.015, 0.018, 0.015
ColorAnimation4 = 0.015, 0.018, 0.015
ColorAnimation5 = 0, 0, 0

ShaderName = Particles/Additive
TextureName = Kethane/smoke

Emit = False
MaxParticleSize = 10
UseWorldSpace = True

EmitterScale = 0.5, 0.5, 0.5
LocalVelocity = 0, 6, 0
RandomVelocity = 5, 5, 5

MaxEmission = 90
MinEmission = 0
MinEnergy = 1
MaxSize = 2.5
MinSize = 1.5

AngularVelocity = 5
RandomAngularVelocity = 15
RandomRotation = True
}

MODULE
{
name = KethaneParticleDynamics
Emitter = gas
DampingPressureExponent = -2.3
GravityConstant = 1
GravityPressure = -1.4
MaxEnergyConstant = 5
MaxEnergyPressure = 5
RandomForcePressure = 8, 8, 8
SizeGrowConstant = 0.25
SizeGrowPressureExponent = -2.7
}

MODULE
{
name = KethaneParticleEmitter
Label = sparks

ColorAnimation1 = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8
ColorAnimation2 = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8
ColorAnimation3 = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8
ColorAnimation4 = 0.6517648, 0.3835294, 0.2023529
ColorAnimation5 = 0, 0, 0

ShaderName = Particles/Additive
TextureName = Kethane/mote

Emit = False
MaxParticleSize = 1
UseWorldSpace = True

EmitterScale = 0.325, 0, 0.325
LocalVelocity = 0, 7, 0
RandomVelocity = 2, 3.5, 2

MaxEmission = 10000
MinEmission = 5000
MinEnergy = 0.1
MaxSize = 0.02
MinSize = 0.01

RenderMode = Stretch
VelocityScale = 0.08
}

MODULE
{
name = KethaneParticleDynamics
Emitter = sparks
GravityConstant = 1
MaxEnergyConstant = 0.2
SizeGrowConstant = -1
}
MODULE
[B]{
name = KethaneExtractorAnimatorLanded
}[/B]
}

I have a small question for all of you Kethane veterans. I downloaded the mod a few days ago and today i decided on a refinery concept. But since i'm not sure if i'm doing it right,i thought i'd ask all of you if this concept will work or if i have to change anything.

Sd9Hwcl.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.