Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

A thought on the jittering when dragging the PoV in map view, is it just me or does it look like the jitter you get when you drag a mechjeb window off screen? Could it be that the game thinks you are trying to drag a window off screen and is attempting to snap it to the edge?

No. That's MJ2 code that does that, and it has nothing to do with ScaledSpace.

I can confirm that MJ2 is to blame. Curiously it has to do something with savegame too, because after removing, clean new savegame work perfectly, i cannot reproduce stuttering. And the old savegame still experiences the bug, even with MJ2 removed (and vessels with AR202 part being deleted too). I got clean steam version with only Kethane and MJ2 plugins.

Shame. I was never too good in orbital and interplanetary transitions, leave alone landing...

I have a small problem. I just installed kethane pack, and haven't really gotten to testing it yet, but - the heavy drilling unit does not appear on the part list while building. Any ideas as to why it might be? I have a few other mods (MechJeb2, Anvil, FuelTastic, EMSP engines), but they shouldn't conflict in any way. Also, while in debug mode (alt-f12), the part is on the list of loaded parts..

The problem is that the entire map starts jittering. It's quite noticeable even without the Kethane grid. The same ScaledSpace exceptions appear. No, it's not a Kethane bug, although it may be a MechJeb bug; I've narrowed it down to either MechJeb or stock.

Since it's not a Kethane bug, there's really nothing I can do to fix it.

For me the map doesn't shake at all. It's just the overlay that starts off really big and then shrinks and disappears. If you like, I can provide you with an output log.

I am running a Steam version of the game (0.21.1) and am having trouble getting the Kethane mod working in any way... I cannot get the hex overlay to show at all (even with the scanner running at a stable orbit with plenty of power to spare). Also when I try to revert the flight I get a messed up GUI as in the picture below. Am I doing something horribly wrong or is this a known bug? I have NO other mods installed other than Kethane 0.7.4. Have tried multiple clean installs and they don't seem to do the trick. Please help, am desperate to get this wonderful mod working :( Thanks!

kebab2.jpg

kebab.jpg

I have a small problem. I just installed kethane pack, and haven't really gotten to testing it yet, but - the heavy drilling unit does not appear on the part list while building. Any ideas as to why it might be? I have a few other mods (MechJeb2, Anvil, FuelTastic, EMSP engines), but they shouldn't conflict in any way. Also, while in debug mode (alt-f12), the part is on the list of loaded parts..

Have you tried to redownload kethane? The only time I have ever seen this issue before was due to d/l file gettin corrupted.

I am running a Steam version of the game (0.21.1) and am having trouble getting the Kethane mod working in any way... I cannot get the hex overlay to show at all (even with the scanner running at a stable orbit with plenty of power to spare). Also when I try to revert the flight I get a messed up GUI as in the picture below. Am I doing something horribly wrong or is this a known bug? I have NO other mods installed other than Kethane 0.7.4. Have tried multiple clean installs and they don't seem to do the trick. Please help, am desperate to get this wonderful mod working :( Thanks!

I got this exact problem, still puzzling it out

Edit* well fixed that problem(wasn't following installation instructions ugh), was working fine till i sent a 2nd probe to speed up scanning, and now the grid disappears and reappears, all manner of crazy

Edited by wiccan

I'm getting a weird bug when I build a small satellite with a small or medium kethane scanner when I go to launch. I'm somehow in orbit unable to do anything. I don't see my creation, I can't fast forward time, and I can't end flight. I go back to the KSC and everything is locked up, I can't click on anything. I have .21.1 and I tired installing the newest version of kethane twice. Please tell me someone else is having this problem.

Well, that kinda leaves me in a catch-22. Because of the grid overlay problem, I can't really use Kethane with MJ2, but without MJ2 I'm a horrible pilot which thus makes Kethane pointless.

It seems possible to work around the problem until Kethane and MJ resolve their differences. I'm not 100% sure on this, but so far it seems to be that MJ only farkles the Kethane grid for the ships that actually have MJ mounted on them. If the individual ship doesn't have MJ, then it (so far) it seems to see the grid just fine, even if there are MJ-ships in the game that you aren't currently flying. Thus, you can make mapping satellites without MJ. From the perfectly good grid you see from them, mouse over the grid and coordinates pop up. Write down the coordinates where you want to land. Then switch to your MJ-equipped lander and enter the coordinates into MJ. The grid will be farkled for this ship but it doesn't matter because you already know where you're going.

Or so it seems to me.

I have a problem with the scanners both medium and small. I haven't tried any of the other kethane parts but when I go to launch I'm in orbit but my creation is not. The game pretty much starts locks up at this point. I tried reinstalling the mod twice and the only other mod I have is mechjeb but mechjeb isn't on my creation. I have .21.1 and the newest version of kethane.

I use the following mods: Kethane & Engineer Redux.

If I install MechJeb I get the jittering (not right away though), if I uninstall it the jittering stops.

It must be an incompatible Mechjeb "module" then... I switched to MechJeb when I updated to 0.21 (I guess it would happen, eventually! :P) since Engineer Redux has started having problems and it looks it's not gonna get any more support now. So to get the same features than with KER I disabled ("blacklisted") most Mechjeb modules in the part cfg file. I've been flying since then, both Kethane and Mechjeb installed, and haven't had any problems. So blacklisting could be a temporary solution...

I have the same issue with the Geodesic overlay like others have mentioned. I'm pretty sure it didn't happen until I launched a probe with a scanner on it. Now the overlay wants to originate from the probe when I zoom in and out. The scanner still beeps as it passes over grid blocks, but nothing on the map shows up.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but so far it seems to be that MJ only farkles the Kethane grid for the ships that actually have MJ mounted on them. If the individual ship doesn't have MJ, then it (so far) it seems to see the grid just fine, even if there are MJ-ships in the game that you aren't currently flying.....

BAD INFO!! I was wrong here. Having an MJ-equipped ship in the game, even if it's not active, farkles the hex grid for even non-MJ ships.

It must be an incompatible Mechjeb "module" then... I switched to MechJeb when I updated to 0.21 (I guess it would happen, eventually! :P) since Engineer Redux has started having problems and it looks it's not gonna get any more support now. So to get the same features than with KER I disabled ("blacklisted") most Mechjeb modules in the part cfg file. I've been flying since then, both Kethane and Mechjeb installed, and haven't had any problems. So blacklisting could be a temporary solution...

Which parts of MJ did you disable? Maybe we could narrow down what's causing the conflict.

Please direct all posts related to the map jittering/stuttering/jumping issues at the support thread HERE. This is not a Kethane bug. It is not a Kethane/MechJeb or Kethane/stock incompatibility. Thank you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.