Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Best orbit for scanning Kerbin I've found (so far) is at 283km with 83.6deg inclination. If your having issues scanning during time warp then add more scanners. Also make sure the satellites power grid can handle all the scanners so your not getting any 'dark spots'.

Currently KAS is the best way to transfer resources at a distance that I know of.

Looking into KAS now. Thanks for the tips. Khaos and Rock

If I add a Kethane resource to my mod, will it require the plugin to even load or will KSP ignore the definitions?

Also, did you do the colors by trial and error or was there some voodoo involved I don't know of?

2 questions that remain unanswered.

Anyone know?

this might be a Dump question, but I am rebuilding my Kethane tanks to send to my Fuel Depo, but I can't find the Pump or Control for the MOD ? which will allow me to tranfer the Kethance between the two Ships

Those parts no longer exist. You transfer by docking/otherwise attaching the two vessels together, or using the quantum fuel/lazor transfer systems. The control item is just plain gone, as the parts have their own functionality.

Edit: I don't feel like double posting. The update from 0.7 to 0.7.1 requires an 0.7 save, right? I've been away for long enough to have not gotten 0.7 before the hotfix, so my kethane save is version 0.6.1; will this be a problem, and if so, how do I fix it?

Edited by Hremsfeld

Kethane is broke for me, just gives me a backdrop when I try to launch a rocket with a scanner on. No rocket, no pad, just space.

As far as I can see I have no mods that would clash with it and KSP and Kethane are up to date.

Help?

A bug in the showing kethane and coordinates. if i am over a hex when i press M, to go back to ship view, it will hold the infos from kethane until i go back, put mouse off then, and go back to ship view again...

Read HoY's post again, he is correct.

Also he was not talking about old versions of kethane, he was referring to the smaller of the 2 drilling units. Your problem is one with KSP not kethane. Just delete the craft that was causing the issues and rebuild it from scratch. And like HoY said its a real good idea to use part clipping for those small drills, they can be a pain to place otherwise, and this wont happen either, probably.

Ok, and where would I find this "part clipping" to use for this? I found no such item in the game settings. I also tried both drill bits( there both the same just in diff locations in utility) on other stock parts as well the drill bit seems to want to go halfway into what ever its attached to.

Ok, and where would I find this "part clipping" to use for this? I found no such item in the game settings. I also tried both drill bits( there both the same just in diff locations in utility) on other stock parts as well the drill bit seems to want to go halfway into what ever its attached to.

part clipping is in game debug menu/console. Alt+F12 to bring that up. Or if you use EdTools Alt+z will also toggle parts clipping.

I've given this a look. While the hex map overlays is a vast improvement over the old method, I don't like it mucking up the startup splash screens, and I don't like that it defaults to "on" in map view, tracking station, etc, and that I have to manually shut it off every time I start a game session. Since my games are not solely about Kethane mining, having this mod impose itself that much is annoying. I guess I'll revert back to 0.6.1 and watch for future revisions.

1 If I add a Kethane resource to my mod, will it require the plugin to even load or will KSP ignore the definitions?

2 Also, did you do the colors by trial and error or was there some voodoo involved I don't know of?

1, You can find the answer easily enough by trying this yourself. ;)

2, Do you mean the colours for a resource? EG ColorFull = 0.08235294, 0.6901961, 0.1019608 ??

That is RGB: Red , Green, Blue values. The colour is a result of combining the different ratios of RGB.

Numerous programs can tell you the RGB values of a particular colour.

Sorry if thats not what you meant.

I must say I'm loving the new overlay, and although some others don't seem to agree I think its a nice addition to the main menu. Put a smile on my face loading up and seeing those green hex's tempting me in :D

The only issue I have seen is Minmus has put on a little weight since you last measured her and the overlay doesn't cover her modesty as well as it could in a couple of areas, but not enough to cause me any problems so I'ma tap that for some green goodness xD.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.