Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

I am having an Issue with the Kethane Data Layer of the Planets/Moons.

The Probes are scanning but the Layer is somewhat "underground". It pops up into a large sphere around the Planet/Moon when you scroll outward and vanishes again underground.

I have MJ2 installed and your newest Kethane Pack.

The Probes are scanning but the Layer is somewhat "underground". It pops up into a large sphere around the Planet/Moon when you scroll outward and vanishes again underground.

I have the same problem. I think this is caused by quickloading. everytime I quick load this appears, once this happend the only way to fix it (what i figured out) is to delete the whole Kethane plugin and replace it with the original one.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Love the Mod, keep it up:)

Can anyone tell me exactly what the KE-WAITNONOSTOP kerbal unreconstitutinatior does and how to use it... (sorry if its already been explained but there are tonnes of pages)

Get close to it with an EVA kerbal you don't like, right click, use.

I have the same problem. I think this is caused by quickloading. everytime I quick load this appears, once this happend the only way to fix it (what i figured out) is to delete the whole Kethane plugin and replace it with the original one.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Love the Mod, keep it up:)

I've seen this too, always after a quick load.

So far I've been able to fix it by restarting KSP.

I have much the same problem. The overlay doesn't appear except briefly as a collapsing sphere of hexes around my mouse point when I zoom out with the mouse wheel. Zoom in, nothing happens. I can scan and hear it bliping but I can't see anything.

Same here.

im having the same problem with the hex map underground it loads fine i fly up a scanner start scanning then go to the tracking center and connect to another craft and check the map and the hex map pops out when i scroll but then shrinks back into the ground

I forgot to mention a couple things I added in the 0.7.4 update:

• The resource selector window has a little collapse/expand button in the upper-left corner.
  • When in debug mode, there's an Export Data function which produces a CSV export with information on all the geodesic cells of every body. The export will only contain deposit data for cells you've scanned unless you run the export with Reveal All Cells checked.

Was the mining distance on the Mk1 drill nerfed recently? After updating, my kethane drills on my Munbase no longer mine anything, when they were just fine before. They just spin.

This is a side effect of the extractor code refactoring. I can add a fudge factor to the raycasting code, since that drill wasn't designed with this kind of raycast in mind. I did test them before deploying the release, and the new entry point looked fine to me, but I'll take another look.

Great work! I do have a weird bug though. The reource overlay is not showing properly. Looks as though it starts out quite a bigger diameter than the planet and then it shrinks until it disappears inside the planet. If I shift my view then the resource sphere will appear off to one side briefly before disappearing.... Looks like the scans are working, just can't see the results!!

Please people, read the 'bug report guidelines' in the OP. The same little bit of info 6 times does nothing to try and track down the issue.

Majiir does alot of hard work so we can enjoy this wonderful mod, and the bug reporting guidelines are there for a (very very very) good reason.

On another note:

Is it possible for a single part to operate as multiple scanners...or would the first scanning module be used and the rest ignored??

Is it possible for a single part to operate as multiple scanners...or would the first scanning module be used and the rest ignored??

You can, but there are very few situations where you'd want to. The UI will be duplicated if you add multiple detector modules, and there's no way to rename the button labels. However, a single detector can work for multiple resources, and since altitude attenuation is now multiplicative, you can set the detector period very low and get fast scanning. If you want the appearance of some kind of merged mega-detector, you can have multiple detector animators all controlled by the same detector.

• When in debug mode, there's an Export Data function which produces a CSV export with information on all the geodesic cells of every body. The export will only contain deposit data for cells you've scanned unless you run the export with Reveal All Cells checked.

aKYVEQb.jpg

This is not an exaggeration. This function is best and will create the largest bloody spreadsheet you'll ever see next to working in databases.

And if you use EPL....

Ha. Haha. Ha ha ha. Hahahahaha. Hahahahahahahahaha.

But no really I weep for your mortal soul.

Thank you for the billions of numbers Majiir. Glorious numbers.

I was thinking of a mega scanner that would unfold into multiple anttena lookin arrays, sounds like it may be more hassle than its worth to get operating how I see it. Oh well....I'll just continue with going overboard with the medium scanner =)

Que the 30ton satellites!!

edit:

hahahaha, I'm starting to realize how my methods of building are gonna get me in trouble when I have to pay for parts and fuel (career mode)!

Edited by KhaosCorp

I am also getting a bug where the map overlay seems to disappear by shrinking inside the planet, heres a pic. (also when on map view if i zoom out the screen goes very shaky from time to time, but I'm unsure if this is kethane or protractor)

tjx8nSI.png

I'm getting a bad bug where adding either of the kethane scanners causes the game to bug out. Heres what happens in order:

I attached a kethane scanner to a ship in the VAB.

Launched the ship.

The loading screen pops up then the nav ball comes up and nothing else. Just a blank screen and a velocity of zero. If I press the "M" key to go to the map, it shows me as focused on the sun. After that I can press "Esc" and go to the space center, but cannot end or revert the flight.

Once I go back to the space center, I cannot press on any of the buildings to access their GUI. I can exit that menu but once I am at the start menu I cannot click anything and am forced to exit the window to leave.

OK, everyone that has reported a 'bug' in the past few pages has not included enough info.

you need to read 'BUG REPORTING GUIDELINES' in the original post and follows those. Without proper information its pointless to report something.

im on my phone now so ill give it a go. This is for my OSX 10.8, running 21.1 version on a clean install with kethane and mechjeb.

My ship does not currently have a kethane part on it, but regardless when I launch or get in orbit I can see the grid or have the green menu open that lets me select or select the overlay grid. Nothing there so I'm assuming it does not work with the new version..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.