Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

I had the same scanning overlay problem that many others have , i isolated the problem to novapunch. Kinda odd considering its only a parts pack with no plugins but there you have it. i can confirm it works fine with the following mods: Ion hybrid engines, KAS, Kerbal joint reinforcment, kosmos, kspx, mechjeb, quantum struts, surface lights, tac fuel balancer.

Edited by Sinek

A sometime-in-the-future feature request:

Would it be possible to have kethane deposits slowly refill over time, speed based on the how geologically active the rock is and percentage of kethane left? I've never completely cleaned a rock of kethane (the poles are usually too much trouble), but if I did it would be nice to know a decade later they might be again be ripe for the drilling. Sorry, no idea on how to update values nor how often to update those values.

I had the same scanning overlay problem that many others have , i isolated the problem to novapunch. Kinda odd considering its only a parts pack with no plugins but there you have it. i can confirm it works fine with the following mods: Ion hybrid engines, KAS, Kerbal joint reinforcment, kosmos, kspx, mechjeb, quantum struts, surface lights, tac fuel balancer.

Same scanning problem. Except my conflict was with Mechjeb (which is actually refusing to work right now)

I did the whole dance; reinstall Kethane, reinstall KSP, delete all local content...

Kethane worked fine with no other mods installed. But as soon as I closed out and installed Mechjeb, the overlay was gone (except for in the menu, of course)

And now it seems that mechjeb refuses to work. Parts are all there, but they aren't doing anything.

Hell of a night.

Howdy,

I have a pretty extensive space program going and I'm still using the old radius kethane drill as opposed to the new small kethane drill that replaces it. Can someone tell me how I can swap one for the other? Right now I have many ships in transit and I was able to get the radial drill (and everything else) working with 0.22 by editing the config files but now it seems that it finally broke ... unless I can just swap the kethane.dll in or something like that.

Thanks.

Howdy,

I have a pretty extensive space program going and I'm still using the old radius kethane drill as opposed to the new small kethane drill that replaces it. Can someone tell me how I can swap one for the other? Right now I have many ships in transit and I was able to get the radial drill (and everything else) working with 0.22 by editing the config files but now it seems that it finally broke ... unless I can just swap the kethane.dll in or something like that.

Thanks.

First thing, make a copy of your entire KSP install* or at least backup copies of your quicksave and persistent files. You'll need to open the part.cfg files for the old drill and new drill in a text editor and find the part names. Open a .craft file that used the old drill, find its name and change it to the new one. (After you make a backup copy of the .craft file of course.)

Load the edited .craft and see if the new drills are positioned OK, if it loads without causing a problem. If that works then you should be able to do the same swap in your persistent file.

If a simple swap in the .craft file doesn't position the new drill OK then you have a problem. For altering part position by direct editing of the files, I only know how to adjust the vertical position. On the other axes, I dunno. Check this thread for what I was able to figure out and tweak on aligning wheels. I've also used it to adjust other parts positions along the vertical axis. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/52288-Rover-wheel-alignment

Something you could try is replacing the drills the normal way in the VAB/SPH then have a look at the .craft file to see how the numbers change. What makes things harder is the number for vertical position is measured from the VAB floor (dunno where from in SPH) and that number changes in space, but changing it to the same on all instances of a part on the same ship in the persistent file will align the parts to the same plane, no matter the rotation of the ship. (That is, choose the vertical number from one part *in space* and apply it to the other parts. Don't use the number(s) from the .craft file in the persistent file.)

This kind of editing would be far easier if we knew how exactly how the parts' position in all axes is measured.

Or you can simply do what I've done, saved all the files for the old small drill and copied them into the parts folder for the latest Kethane mod release. ;) I don't see anything wrong with it, I like its design.

*I had KSP .22 delete everything but flags from the persistent file and claim it couldn't find any parts at all, and lock out being able to go into SPH and VAB, when one part.cfg it didn't like was put into the GameData folder. Always best to back up everything when mucking about behind the scenes!

Edited by Galane

Just confirming: the latest versions of SCANsat and Kethane both seem to not work when they're both installed. Each appears to work fine without the other installed.
So, does scansat work?

I have both the 0.23 versions of SCANSat and Kethane working fine. Kethane did not work at first so I removed all the other mods I had still at 0.22 versions. Kethane then showed the overlay map correctly. I then added back all the mods 2 or 3 at a time replacing with 0.23 versions when available and checking Kethane functionality at each step. Everything works now. I have...

Linux 64 bit version of KSP

SCANSat

NovaPunch (0.22)

KW Rocketry (0.22)

AIES (0.21.1)

KAS

TAC

MechJeb

B9 (0.22)

Firespitter

Spherical Tanks (0.22 but with 0.23 dev version of Modular Tanks dll)

Extraplanetary Launchpads

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Crew Manifest

KSP Interstellar

RemoteTech 2 (This one is only a dev version for 0.23 and has issues but it doesn't break kethane)

If there is no comment in brackets I have the latest version for 0.23.

I have both the 0.23 versions of SCANSat and Kethane working fine. Kethane did not work at first so I removed all the other mods I had still at 0.22 versions. Kethane then showed the overlay map correctly. I then added back all the mods 2 or 3 at a time replacing with 0.23 versions when available and checking Kethane functionality at each step. Everything works now. I have...

Linux 64 bit version of KSP

SCANSat

NovaPunch (0.22)

KW Rocketry (0.22)

AIES (0.21.1)

KAS

TAC

MechJeb

B9 (0.22)

Firespitter

Spherical Tanks (0.22 but with 0.23 dev version of Modular Tanks dll)

Extraplanetary Launchpads

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Crew Manifest

KSP Interstellar

RemoteTech 2 (This one is only a dev version for 0.23 and has issues but it doesn't break kethane)

If there is no comment in brackets I have the latest version for 0.23.

The moment I added scansat to my own modlist kethane hexagons no longer showed up in either the menus and the game itself. what versions of the mods are you using?

Or you can simply do what I've done, saved all the files for the old small drill and copied them into the parts folder for the latest Kethane mod release. ;) I don't see anything wrong with it, I like its design.

I tried this .. the game still says I'm using an "invalid part" or one that hasn't been activated. Other than the Radial drill, what other item changed since KSP 0.21?

I think there's a 1 meter tank correct?

- Ding

Okay, I was looking for the solution for the missing Kethane hexagonal layout. I have KSP 0.23 without any mods.

1, I installed Kethane 0.8.2 and it worked fine.

2, installed KAS 0.4.5 and they worked fine.

3, installed SCANSat and all the three worked fine.

4. installed MechJeb2-2.1.0.0 and the Kethane layout is gone! ... downloaded the #144 built for the MechJeb and Kethane works with that well!

5. installed KerbalAlarmClock 2.6.2 and it works fine.

6. installed Chatterer 0.5 and it works fine.

7. installed the Romfarer LazorDockingCam v31 and the Kethane layout is gone! So I removed this mod...

8. installed 2013_10_NovaPunch2_03a and it works fine.

9. installed 2013_10_Protractor-v-2.4.31 and it works fire.

Edited by Ziv

I don't see how MechJeb is causing the problems, Here is my mod layout...

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

[D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\MODS]

TextureReplacer

UniverseReplacer

UniverseRep4KTex

RealChute

Kethane

FAR

ModsByTal

TXfullScience

MechJeb

ModularFuelTanks

RealSolarSystem

DeadlyReentryRSS

RealismOverhaul

CloudsAndLights

The only issue I had was using Kethane with RSS, the grid was set too low or close to sea level for Mun and a few other planets/moons. I fixed those. But I've never had a problem with it not working while MechJeb is loaded. Now, I am current with the latest builds for all that stuff as far as I know. The release versions are a bit behind and will cause problems.

From what I've been hearing people have been having trouble with ScanSat and Kethane. Anything with overlays and planet surface things. MechJeb 2.1.0.0 is way out of date if you're not using 144 or at least... 130something.

Edited by BigD145

Hi, i thought i would give it a go to do some texture work. i thought the 2m kethane converter would be a nice place to start. this was something i mocked up quickly, it can be improved upon a lot. i tried matching the gray details with the stock parts as much as possible. if majiir wants i can do similar shading/distressing on all the kethane components.

here are some side by side comparisons

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by landeTLS

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.