Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Thanks for checking it out. I also have a bunch of mods installed as well so it might be an incompatibility there. Let me test it without the mods. I will report back in a few minutes!

EDIT: Alright, it is not caused by an incompatibility. Something is wrong with the mod, I'm not sure what exactly causes this so I think all we can do is hope that Majiir fixes this bug.

Yeah its deff not incompatibility. I updated only this mod yesterday. And it was working before yesterday.

I'm having issues too. I'm on duna with a rover that worked before on the Mun. Theres gas coming out. Im on a kethane spot. power gets drained. no kethane comes in. heres a pic

[sNIP]

I would post my output log. But I mechjeb rover drove for like 5 hours last night. So the log is like 370mbs.

Make sure that fuel flow is possible between the drills and the kethane tanks.

Make sure that fuel flow is possible between the drills and the kethane tanks.

It is. I've used this rover before. I literally still have a copy of the same rover, on the mun. Tested that as well. Does not work either. That rover was drilling fine before the update yesterday.

seems you are using some adapters and... are those SAS units?.. where the drills are mounted. are all parts fuel crossfeed enabled?

Using some adapters? What you mean? Yes they r SAS units. But I dont see how that would be the problem. Unless he changed something in the update yesterday to not allow drills to be placed pretty much anywhere. I dont think i've ever placed a drill that didnt mine kethane. As long as I was on a kethane deposit and the drills could reach the ground.

Something in the update broke it yesterday. Dn what it is tho.

I have a question if I was to set up a base to in part refine kethane.. into useful fuels, or a porbe to make fuel for a maned mission to use to retrun to kerbal how would I trasfure that fuel to the maned ship?

By docking or the kas mod or Romfarer mod there are more mods but them come to mind.

And, I too would like to know why the scanner can scan why where not on that craft. as it bits that you have to seat on that sat and time warp and go watch tv or do something as it runs.

Edited by Mecripp2

yeah that bugs me to but since I am trying to put about 30 days or so between lauches.. at least tell I bring my space progam to gimini level, right now I am still doing prject mercury and searvay mittions. so I need to look for a mod to refuel my craft. if I dont want to try and dock on the serfice of mun

Hi there

I cant mine Kethane anywhere i land on a Kethane Spot nothing happens. Tried it on Minmus, Mun and Kerban.

Its since latest Version. Pls fix it soon thx.

Greetz Rambo

ya it seems the new update broke it somehow. Others are experiencing this problem as well. Hopefully Majiir sees this soon

Hello all, I hope this doesn't get buried in the flood of bug reports, this thread is certainly moving fast when an update breaks something :P

I've only been playing KSP for a few weeks (it was a christmas present), and I have never installed a mod before. Kethane seems like a great first candidate, since it doesn't have any prerequisites, is focused on doing just one thing, and adds a great and logical next step to vanilla gameplay progression. Now while the install instructions are clear enough, there's something I wanted to ask before letting things loose on the one single savegame I have and have ever had.

I am playing in career mode. How does Kethane integrate itself with career mode, if at all? Will the parts just pop up in my VAB regardless of science, or will they be available through existing tech tree nodes which I may or may not have unlocked, or are there new nodes for them?

Edited by Streetwind

I appear to be having issues trying to mine any resources; used Hyperedit to test a few theories and planets but it defensively is no longer filling tanks. Anyone have an unofficial solution whilst we wait for Majir?

hi street I also got the game for xmiss, the mod will add parts to the tree, if you have already unlock a tech and you add a mod that adds a part to the level you may find a number like the number of parts that a new tech will unlock, you will have to go under that tech on the tree and click the parts to unlock them.... I trashed a saved game before I found that out lol

Hello all, I hope this doesn't get buried in the flood of bug reports, this thread is certainly moving fast when an update breaks something :P

I've only been playing KSP for a few weeks (it was a christmas present), and I have never installed a mod before. Kethane seems like a great first candidate, since it doesn't have any prerequisites, is focused on doing just one thing, and adds a great and logical next step to vanilla gameplay progression. Now while the install instructions are clear enough, there's something I wanted to ask before letting things loose on the one single savegame I have and have ever had.

I am playing in career mode. How does Kethane integrate itself with career mode, if at all? Will the parts just pop up in my VAB regardless of science, or will they be available through existing tech tree nodes which I may or may not have unlocked, or are there new nodes for them?

Kethane and other mods you decide to install will show up on the tech tree unless they have not been configured to do so. Which is a simple cfg file edit to make them show up on there.

With Kethane all the parts will show up in the tech tree, if you have already unlocked a node you will have to click the node again in the science menu and scroll on the parts list to the new part and click it once and then the new window will pop up and click research. That will make it available via the construction phase.

Take a look at the clouds and city lights mod, deadly re-entry, real chute, KW rocketry, AIES, and Ferram Aerospace. There are a few others that are good to check out like interstellar but after adding so many mods it can be very memory hogging. So i suggest going to your settings and changing from full res to half res textures. Also downloading that popular active memory reduction pack.

Thanks for the info! I'm planning to go easy on mods for starters - especially nothing that changes vanilla stuff (so definitely no Ferram Aerospace). SCANsat looks like a very fun and non-intrusive thing though.

I reckon that the next time KSP updates in such a way that savegames will need to get reset, then I'll do a completely new playthrough with lots of mods. For now I'm just testing that waters and learning vanilla mechanics.

Kethane 0.8.4 has been released. The download link on the first post has been updated.

This update fixes a critical bug. It is only compatible with versions 0.6 through 0.8.3.

Changes in this version:

• Fixed a bug introduced in 0.8.3 which disabled resource mining and detector configuration.
  • Fixed an issue where the toolbar button would persist in scenes without the map view.

Kethane 0.8.4 has been released. The download link on the first post has been updated.

This update fixes a critical bug. It is only compatible with versions 0.6 through 0.8.3.

Changes in this version:

• Fixed a bug introduced in 0.8.3 which disabled resource mining and detector configuration.
  • Fixed an issue where the toolbar button would persist in scenes without the map view.

Thank you my angel. It now works as you intend.

Edited by Sekonda

Changes in this version:

Thanks Majiir! My Mun base was getting low on fuel! I'm glad that this bug was fixed quickly.

Here is what I get under action groups in the VAB for the scanner.

yHPBNcc.png

Sorry for the low res, it's a fresh KSP install with only Kethane installed. Another issue I have is that when I attach a drill, it deploys immediately on the launch pad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.