Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Hi

I am having a real problem with the latest version of Kethane and hoping someone will be able to help.

Previously I encountered the constant deploying animation on the heavy drill, which I fixed no probs. I am now having what appeared at first glance to be the same issue. However all the modules constantly deploy/retract both in vab and on the launchpad, including the reactor and the converter. Further to this, none of the modules work, I cannot right click on the launchpad, nor can I use their functionality in the VAB.

There is no grid overlay, and the scanners functionality does not work either.

I have installed the pack correctly, and tested on a vanilla (save for Kethane) build of KSP with same results.

I looked at applying the fix for the constant drill animation, but it appears that the code is all fine and correct.

Essentially, Kethane is totally busted for me. I can use the parts fine, just that they dont work. Help please someone.

Thanks

Okay, I've got a little problem, and I can't seem to find an answer if there is one. Want to make sure I'm not doing something stupid before reporting it as a new bug.

I'm orbiting Laythe. Every other planet's grid maps work fine EXCEPT for Laythe's. When I zoom out, the map seems to... 'explode' Is the best word... from my active ship and vanishes.

I checked the log, and there's no mention of kethane in the errors.

Thoughts?

I'm having a similar problem with Ike. I managed to scan the moon the first time and the grid displayed fine while scanning, when I next went on the save though the grid explodes from my active vessel.

Even selecting the moon doesn't fix this.

Hi

Previously I encountered the constant deploying animation on the heavy drill, which I fixed no probs.

You're using the wrong version. It sounds like you're using the version from KSP 0.21. Mods are not forwards compatible. Remove every single Kethane file. You might have a cfg laying around somewhere or even some erroneous data in your persistent save file. Are you using a .21 save? That could be the issue.

Nope sorry didnt make that clear

I am using the latest version of Kerbal with the latest version of Kethane 0.8.2.

And to be double sure I am running a fresh reinstall of Kerbal and a fresh Kethane Download. As far as I am aware I am totally up to date.

Toolbar support has been added and will be in the next release.

Will it be required to have the toolbar installed? Don't want it, don't need it. It's also terribly buggy with the latest Infernal Robotics release.

Anyone doing a mod that can put an icon on that toolbar, *please* make it so it's not required to have the toolbar for the mod to work. I have Kerbal Alarm Clock and TAC Fuel Balancer with icons, which I have parked right where I want them.

Cool! What sorts of things can we expect in the next release (if you don't mind me asking)? :)

Not sure. Probably just some fixes and API tweaks because no major features are ready for integration yet.

Will it be required to have the toolbar installed? Don't want it, don't need it. It's also terribly buggy with the latest Infernal Robotics release.

Toolbar is optional, and it won't be packaged with Kethane. Users will need to install it manually (or get it packaged with another Toolbar-compatible mod) in order for Kethane to use it. If Toolbar is not present, Kethane will use the current UI with the collapsible window. You'll also be able to have Toolbar installed and disable the Kethane integration (by deleting the KethaneToolbar.dll plugin).

I'm very conservative about dependencies, not to worry. :wink:

I wrote about the problem it had in the Magic Smoke Industries thread. I could move the toolbar in space, moved it to the top of the screen. Then I enabled the function to hide at screen edges and when I moved an Infernal Robotics control window part way off the edge of the KSP window, the toolbar went away.

In the spaceport screenm in the VAB and in the tracking station the toolbar was stuck right in the middle of the KSP window, which is the default 1024x786. It could not be moved even though the position lock was not locked. Couldn't get the IR windows to hide either, toolbar with the IR icon just stuck there in the middle, not working.

Dunno why it had the problem, I've seen a few others reporting the same issue of the toolbar being stuck in the middle of the screen. It's an addon I don't have a need for and I hope that mod authors won't make the toolbar a requirement. Might be great for people who install a whole bunch of mods that have an icon to put somewhere.

Nothing, that is how it works. It only scans when the active vessel. Work around for this horrible limitation is changing the detection time to a very low number (like .000001) so very high time compression can be used without skipping.
How is this done? Is there a line in the config file, or must I simply spam detectors? Edited by Zephram Kerman

I am haveing kind of odd porblem.... I havent been able to get the decters to do any thing.... to show a scan map.... I have been able to get them to actavat but the porblem I am haveing is I cant see the map overlay.... I have heard something about a controler. which I dont have in my down load... and I tryed down loading twice... what should I do?

I am haveing kind of odd porblem.... I havent been able to get the decters to do any thing.... to show a scan map.... I have been able to get them to actavat but the porblem I am haveing is I cant see the map overlay.... I have heard something about a controler. which I dont have in my down load... and I tryed down loading twice... what should I do?

Delete the Kethane folder in GameData. Download the newest Kethane. Unzip the Kethane folder to reinstall. In map view you should have a little window in the top middle of the screen with a clickable box that turns kethane deposit view on and off.

Can we get a proper faq in the OP? This type of issue comes up all the time and you end up with 3-4+ posts with every one.

I do have the box but it doenst seem to do any thing..... I did try a reinstall I do have the box with the check box for the gried overlay but as far as I can tell its not doing any thing..... I do not have a controler link ether or is that an old thing... I also can not here my scaner beep when its active

Edited by tmikesecrist3

I think the scanner beep is configurable on the scanner part on the vehicle. Right click the scanner on the vehicle.

Your other problem? If you've been updating KSP and Kethane on one save over the past half year or so you probably have some old file somewhere or something in your save file that is causing problems. New versions of KSP should have new saves. Some mods make drastic changes that require new saves.

Delete the Kethane folder in GameData. Download the newest Kethane. Unzip the Kethane folder to reinstall. In map view you should have a little window in the top middle of the screen with a clickable box that turns kethane deposit view on and off.

Can we get a proper faq in the OP? This type of issue comes up all the time and you end up with 3-4+ posts with every one.

This does not resolve the issue. Fresh career mode save, latest version of Kethane, no extraneous files floating about...

The scanner refuses to work. The grid map refuses to toggle on or off. There are no detection sounds. Otherwise, the parts are all there, the map ui is there, they animate fine, but the actual mapping doesn't work at all.

Checking the output_log.txt file shows that whenever the detector is activated, the following error is spammed:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Kethane.KethaneDetector+<>c__DisplayClass9.<OnFixedUpdate>b__8 (System.String r) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.All[string] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Kethane.KethaneDetector.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I accidentally moved the kethane grid display box off screen while in map mode this morning. The kethane grid is disabled, and I no longer have the grid display box. Anyone else had this problem?

I'm playing in windowed mode, so I switched to full screen mode and I still can't see it anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

You should have a settings.cfg file in your kethane folder. It should read something like this:

ShowOverlay = False
WindowLeft = 526
WindowTop = -2

The window numbers are where your map window are. That should fix Matry0shka's problem. Set Overlay to True to fix others problem. If these don't work then you may have a corrupt zip that you got your files from. Redownload. If none of this works then I don't know what's wrong.

You should also have a grid.cfg in the same kethane root folder. It should read:

Sun = 0

Moho = 1.012

Eve = 1.012
Gilly = 0.091

Kerbin = 1.012
Mun = 1.012
Minmus = 1.004

Duna = 1.012
Ike = 1.012

Dres = 1.012

Jool = 1.012
Laythe = 1.012
Vall = 0.1012
Tylo = 1.012
Bop = 0.099
Pol = 0.10

Eeloo = 1.012

If you have none of this, make those files by creating a txt file and copying the text into them and changing the file name from whatever.txt to the respective .cfg. If you don't see file extensions then I can't help you. That's a problem for a more basic/intro computer usage forum.

You should have a settings.cfg file in your kethane folder. It should read something like this:

ShowOverlay = False
WindowLeft = 526
WindowTop = -2

The window numbers are where your map window are. That should fix Matry0shka's problem. Set Overlay to True to fix others problem. If these don't work then you may have a corrupt zip that you got your files from. Redownload. If none of this works then I don't know what's wrong.

You should also have a grid.cfg in the same kethane root folder. It should read:

Sun = 0

Moho = 1.012

Eve = 1.012
Gilly = 0.091

Kerbin = 1.012
Mun = 1.012
Minmus = 1.004

Duna = 1.012
Ike = 1.012

Dres = 1.012

Jool = 1.012
Laythe = 1.012
Vall = 0.1012
Tylo = 1.012
Bop = 0.099
Pol = 0.10

Eeloo = 1.012

If you have none of this, make those files by creating a txt file and copying the text into them and changing the file name from whatever.txt to the respective .cfg. If you don't see file extensions then I can't help you. That's a problem for a more basic/intro computer usage forum.

I'm not sure if by others you were referring to my problem, but I have tried re-downloading from both the mirror and the main link; neither fixes the problem. My settings.cfg file already read 'true' and the grids file was already present in both zips and is in both cases identical to the one you pasted.

same here... I have both configs and they both read the same (outher then the postion of my kethan box) But my Grid hex over lay does not seem to be showing up.... this is fustating for me, I am actually getting ready to give up on this mod.....

Well I got it working it was one of my outher mods I guess, mods I had going where:

Fasa

apollo mission pack

crew manifest

nova punch 2

davon spply mode

kerval alarm clock

kw proc farings

taclife supprt

Vng-parachute

Ltech

Any idea's which one may have coused the problem?

Edited by tmikesecrist3

I recently posted for the first time a few days back about an expanding kethane overlay problem. I received a moderate amount of help but in the end wound up going through my game save code section by section until i found the problem.

This is the first time ive logged back into forums since i got the problem fixed... i never posted what i did to fix it due to such little input.

Well now it seems im not the only person with this problem so i will post what i did and hopefully this will help others.

in the end it was so simple it hurt.

Basically i started removing sections of code from my save file looking for perhaps SOMETHING I DID to cause this kethane overlay expansion problem.

I narrowed it down to flight status (things i have in game going) and on a whim the first thing i removed out to test was the flag i had planted on both minmus and mun.

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL holy ***** my fellow kerbals that was the issue. FOR SOME MESSED UP REASON?!?!?! planting a flag on a planet caused my overlay for that given body to mess up and expand. I deleted the code for the flags and loaded game and things were fixed. I also tested that this could be done from the tracking center, it can.

So try this on for size

Step 1. Remove flags planted on bodies from flight center

Step 2. Close game

Step 3. Open game

Step 4. Profit

Also: I had custom flags in just standard .png flags of the international flag pack. I havent tried to see if this is modded flags causing problem or both stock and modded. Frankly i believe its the planting of the flag itself that causes this issue.

I hope this helps others cause it took me 5 hours of screwin with code to narrow it down myself (im noob on code)

Edited by scythist
i type to fast

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.