Cannot Focus on Component While Placing Part in VAB

If a component is selected so it can be placed, MMB can no longer be used to center a view on a component. Part selection has to be canceled so to use MMB for centering, then part reselected. This is inconvenient because the first thing that comes to my mind is that I need X component on my ship, so I select it. It's not until after that I begin to think about where exactly I'm going to place it. As far as I can tell, MMB serves no other function while placing a part. If it does serve a function I'm unaware of, having it be MMB doesn't work out well. Allowing MMB for focusing while placing a part would make building more seamless and enjoyable. 

My opinion is that Wasd or arrows should move and rotate camera. So many times i naturally click them at editor and nothing happens. 

It could be nice to be able to hide some parts which prevents seeing stuff behind them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.