Alarm Clock Mod [1.2.0]

meckryl

I just installed this and I can't see the difference between Unitverse Time and Timer. It seems Universe Time is also a Timer. Could it be that Universe Time is just mislinked to Timer, or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for this mod. KAC was a must-have in the first game and it’s great seeing someone carry the torch forward into the KSP2 era. I did run across a couple of bugs tonight, mostly minor annoyances rather than anything critical:

• The Timer and the Universe Time options both seem to do the same thing, create an alarm the specified distance relative to the current game time. As I understand it, UT should be absolute and T should be relative.
  • Sometimes, when deleting alarms with the X icon next to the alarm, multiple alarms get deleted. 'Sometimes' is pretty vague I know; if I can find a definite pattern, I’ll update, but I definitely had it happen more than once.
  • When typing in a custom name for a fixed-time alarm, keystrokes seem to both enter text and get passed through as flight commands. Mostly harmless, but pressing either shift or space is …not ideal. I ended up switching over to the VAB space to create alarms with custom names, rather than flight.

After completing a transfer to Jool, I'm having an issue where the alarm sets incorrect transfer window dates back to Jool and to Moho.  Both end up calculating an inaccurate same day transfer for Y3, D160, my current in-game date.  Additionally, I'm having a problem where deleting one alarm deletes all the alarms in the list

Edited by hikerchick29

On 1/15/2024 at 11:58 PM, dmsilev said:
  • When typing in a custom name for a fixed-time alarm, keystrokes seem to both enter text and get passed through as flight commands. Mostly harmless, but pressing either shift or space is …not ideal. I ended up switching over to the VAB space to create alarms with custom names, rather than flight.

I got that aswell, staged while naming an alarm. Quick fix for now, just pause the game from the warp selector, type the name, then unpause!

I'm seeing an issue where if I use teh x button to remove a maneuvre node alarm from the list it removesa random slection of alarms from the list

Edited by tomf

Super great mod @meckryl!!  Any chance you could have a look at these two bug items?

Bug 1:  Manually clicking the 'X' to delete an alarm sometimes deletes other alarms. Maybe the mouse click action is getting applied to all the other 'X' controls on the  alarms underneath as soon as they move up to take the place of the deleted alarm?

Bug 2: //Universe Time is incorrectly linked to new_alarm.countdown.  Should probably be linked to new_alarm.custom.

Very helpful mod, thanks!

Minor nitpick: the text in the Transfer Window input fields is barely readable, what with the dark blue text on dark grey background.

JcRsOLQ.jpg

And I can't seem to find a way to abort the setting of a new alarm other than by closing the Alarm Clock window. Some sort of 'Back' or 'Esc' button would be nice.

I had a three-launch mission to Gilly. I didn't want to waste the transit window, so I launched all three to Eve at once.

So, the Alarm Clock was indispensable.  Three flights. Alarms for when each one left/entered an SOI, alarms for each maneuver. Every adjustment changed when they'd arrive somewhere, etc.

The one inconvenience was having to go through the Tracking Station for each shift to another craft, but trying to juggle all this without the mod would have been impossible.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 4:45 PM, rogerawong said:

Super great mod @meckryl!!  Any chance you could have a look at these two bug items?

Bug 1:  Manually clicking the 'X' to delete an alarm sometimes deletes other alarms. Maybe the mouse click action is getting applied to all the other 'X' controls on the  alarms underneath as soon as they move up to take the place of the deleted alarm?

Bug 2: //Universe Time is incorrectly linked to new_alarm.countdown.  Should probably be linked to new_alarm.custom.

Bug 3: When in Alarm Clock interface, other keybinds are still active, which can cause all kinds of issues.

This might be related to the random deletes...but I have had all of my alarms simply disappear, when changing vessels. I wasn't deleting anything. I had gone to the tracking station to rename a vessel (not one with any alarms set, yet). When I go back to control that vessel, all of the alarms for all other vessels were gone. Note this could still be related to the rename in some way, as a maneuver node I had set on the vessel, before going to the tracking station, was there...but not really...I can see the maneuver node in the map view, but all of the delta-V values have been set to 0, I can no longer edit them, and the maneuver node controller says there are no nodes.

NEVERMIND, this is a display bug with stock KSP2's UI -- when it shows the "start burn in", it does not include years.  only days/hr/min

The manuver was showing on screen as "start in T+153".  but really it was T+2 years and 153 days.

The Alarm Clock mods alarm was calculated correct, for Y3, Day 412.

Im sorry for the confusion

Thanks again for the mod!

-CFTeague2

************ old text for ref ************

not sure if I found a bug, possibly a display bug.

I sent a probe toward jool, its manuver at apo is T+258.

the game is year1: day 153.    (edit: originally i said 158, slight mistake)

im expecting the alarm to say something like year 1, day 400-something.  or maybe year 2, day 15-or-something.

BUT

It shows the alarm as: Year 3, day 412.    That cant be correct.

steam screenshot:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3170219782

edit 2:   looks like the day is correct:   412.   but it should say year 1, not year 3?

************ old text for ref ************

THANKS!

-cfteague2

Edited by CFTeague2
edit3 - retraction, NOT a BUG

• 2 weeks later...

This mod fills a critical spot in the game and works as well as it ever did in 0.2.1.0.  However, it still could use some love from its author! 

I'm very thankful for it as it allows me to multitask and queue up SOI changes and maneuver times.

Here are some needed bugfixes/improvements.  I'm really hoping that the author comes back or someone else takes this mod up to implement these:
1) There's a bug if you remove an alarm that isn't the last one, that it removes all ones after that alarm.
2) If you do a manual alarm, the game can be confused as you enter the alarm name still using the letters as their previous key bound values
3) It would be great to see the time from now to the alarm rather than UT (time from the beginning of the game) in the alarm list.
4) Need an icon for the app bar

Any ETA on when the above will be worked on?  Thanks so much!