New front page post today. Sad it's not .17.1

Corbald

Not trying to rush SQUAD. I'd rather have a quality patch than anything. Just expressing my sadness that I can't enjoy the game I love. Que sera. I have XCom EU to tide me over! Also, I was reffering to today's news on kerbalspaceprogram.com/.

What launch bug? I haven't had much issues with KSP other than direct high warp to 1x transitions causing things to fall off spacecraft (which is worked around by going to 5x first then stepping to 1x) and the game randomly locking up on me.

The 'Launch' or 'Tracking Station' bug has to do with SQUAD having removed an art asset, which the game is still trying to load. When I click launch from the VAB or Hanger, or when I try to switch to the tracking station, the game CTDs. It's not EVERY time, but it's often enough to make it almost impossible to create a functional rocket (we all know how often we need a bit of extra space-duct-tape). Also, with the extra resources being used up, my framerate, as of .17, is so bad that I can't launch anything that has even the slightest wobble or drift during takeoff.

Have you tried doing a fresh install to c:/games/ksp_win with no mods and trying to do a few launches and builds to see if the problem persists?

I run a mostly vanilla install (except for protractor and kerbal engineer redux) and i've never had the game crash on launch or going to tracking.. If it's mod related, that might be why some see it and some don't.

For me the main annoyance is it'll just randomly lock solid and no particular place.. most of the time it happens in flight, but once or twice it's been in the VAB or SPH.

The 'Launch' or 'Tracking Station' bug has to do with SQUAD having removed an art asset, which the game is still trying to load. When I click launch from the VAB or Hanger, or when I try to switch to the tracking station, the game CTDs. It's not EVERY time, but it's often enough to make it almost impossible to create a functional rocket (we all know how often we need a bit of extra space-duct-tape). Also, with the extra resources being used up, my framerate, as of .17, is so bad that I can't launch anything that has even the slightest wobble or drift during takeoff.

Most annoying bug is time warp bug, capsule falling apart during reducing warp, it happens when mechjeb reducing time warp during mid-correction burn.

Most annoying bug is time warp bug, capsule falling apart during reducing warp, it happens when mechjeb reducing time warp during mid-correction burn.

It's fixed in the latest version of Mechjeb. It only happens when you go from max warp to 1x. Try bringing it down more gradually, go from max warp to 5x and then 1x.

It's fixed in the latest version of Mechjeb. It only happens when you go from max warp to 1x. Try bringing it down more gradually, go from max warp to 5x and then 1x.

When I did not was control the time warp factor but mechjeb.

You tell me that is update to mechjeb, that fixing time warp problem?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.