Science Arkive [v1.0.3 for KSP2 v0.2.0]

Cool mod! Very nice work.

So, a small issue: Is it just me, or is Eeloo actually missing from the list? I've done science there, even transmitted some back to Kerbin, but there's nothing listed below Jool in my list as I'd expect, and Eeloo doesn't appear anywhere else in the list. See screenshot.

EDIT1: Changed the mod's settings to force Eeloo to show up. The mod doesn't seem to think I've been to Eeloo.

Current Settings (issue appears):

• Show only visited planets: YES
  • Show only unlocked experiments: YES
  • Discoverables display mode: CENSORED

I can see Eeloo listed when:

• Show only visited planets: NO

EDIT2: 

Also, I've similarly been to and have done science at Pol and Laythe, but they don't show up either, even though they should—same issue as with Eeloo. Only Vall and Tylo appear as they should, even though I've visited and done science at all of Jool moons and all other planets and moons except for Bop.

All other planets / moons appear as they should.

IusjVSz.jpg

Edited by Sitting Duck

@fourfa Yes there are some doubled calculations where scienceMultiplier is different from 1x, I’ll fix it asap

@Sitting Duck I didn’t reach these place yet so I didn’t test that situation; there could be some bugs in the way I use the discoverables system (present in stock). Would you mind sending me the Save File so I can reproduce it?

Have the devs commented on whether or not they will be adding a stock science archive?  I find it hard to believe that it's not eventually going to be added.  The missions do give a massive amount of science, so in a way we don't "need" the old-school experiments.  But still, for those who don't want to do the missions (or if they get stuck on some) the experiments are pretty important.

13 hours ago, leonardfactory said:

@Sitting Duck I didn’t reach these place yet so I didn’t test that situation; there could be some bugs in the way I use the discoverables system (present in stock). Would you mind sending me the Save File so I can reproduce it?

I don't have ready access to an external fileshare. I'd suggest building something simple and then use the cheat menu to teleport it to Eeloo (and others), then do some science, save, and check through that. Or just wait until you get that far in the game. :)

Release v1.0.0 "I'll never forget" is out!

• Fix discovered celestial bodies not showing in the list (you may need to have a vessel orbiting the body and triggering a SoI change / Science situation change to see it added in the list)
  • Fix science multiplier calculations when rewards are set to a percentage different from 100%
  • Fix UI click-blocking solution spawning errors in the log
  • Add chinese translation - thanks @fengyuan0529!

I'm marking this release as v1.0.0 since I think it's pretty much complete and stable, while I don't expect major changes in the future, but feel free to suggest improvements!

Link to release on SpaceDock

Edited by leonardfactory

Wonderful mod!! Kudos to you.

Since you asked for improvement suggestions:

- An overview which shows the science collected per celestial body (in % and numbers), so you can see where you have most potential in going next.

- Some marker (yellow?) next to each item if you have captured the science but not returned it to KSC, so I can see where I have gaps when I'm working on a celestial body.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a suggestion here, make an option in mod settings to turn science from this mod off. There was someone in the discord who wanted the maps but wanted to rely on the stock science alone.

Release v1.0.3

• Updated valid locations support for Orbital Survey mod mapping experiments (supports Orbital Survey v0.9.4+, backwards compatible with v0.9.3 and lower)
  • Enhanced main window title bar UI
  • Enhanced celestial bodies selection UI

Download on SpaceDock

3 hours ago, Kayser said:

Just a suggestion here, make an option in mod settings to turn science from this mod off. There was someone in the discord who wanted the maps but wanted to rely on the stock science alone.

I think you wanted to post this in Orbital Survey mod topic. This is Science Arkive mod, and this mod does not provide any science by itself.

5 hours ago, Sun_Serega said:

Oh god, hopefully not

I get it :)

On 3/2/2024 at 11:59 PM, leonardfactory said:

You'll probably need to rescan Jool, but I'm not sure about that

Finally got to play my save... But I can neither rescan it (it's already fully scan), nor re-send the science.

LteBCzf.png

Can you please make this state fix itself?

For instance, you can add a ScienceArchive version field to the save, and if the version doesn't match on load - you run extra expensive checks to fix things like this, where science was already sent, but did not register in ScienceArchive.

@Sun_Serega I don't save anything, this is the issue: the experiment is handled by Orbital Survey, not by Science Arkive. We just check at runtime if the experiment has been completed.

What could be happening here is one of the following:

• There is some mismatch between the shown experiment code and the registered one. This should what the release fixed, so seems strange (but still possible); 
  • There is some mismatch between the experiment Orbital Survey is checking and the registered one; in this case I cannot fix it

Let me load the save game and I'll check it

Hi all.   Thanks for a great and useful mod!

EDIT4:  Because of possible naming confusion with the phrase "Orbital Survey", let me clarify that I am talking about the 6 minute  long experiment done using the OSL-25 "Starlab" part.     which, I ?think? is stock in KSP2.      I do also have the orbital survey MOD that uses antennas to map planets, but thats NOT the experiments I am referring to.       Thanks AGAIN!

EDIT2:  Original reported with 1.02.   Will update to 1.03 and retest!

EDIT3: Updated mod to 1.03.   started KSP2, still didnt fix.

-- tried rerunning the experiment, did not fix.       But I didnt relly get anything new.

-- tried to delete the experiment and re-run.   I cant delete the sample, but since I had transmitted the data, I could delete the data portion for the experiment.   reran experiment.   Did not fix.

nothing seems to make it want to show the Kerbol Orbital Survey experiment's Low Orbit values.

Not sure if I found a bug.     Sent ship to low Kerbol (sun) orbit something like 968000 km.    Did radiation survey and orbital survey.   also crew report.

rad survey and crew report show.   But orbital survey does not list anything at all under "low orbit", and the percentage appears to be ignoring the low orbit numbers completely.

- It does show the 120 science collected for Kerbol HIGH orbit, and the 280 science (sample) collected but not yet returned for Kerbol HIGH orbit

- It shows the label for "Low Orbit" under Kerbol , under Orbital Survey.  but it cannot be expanded, theres nothing under it

- I did the survey, transmitted back the data science for 600, and have collected but not yet returned the sample for something like 1400 more

The Orbital Survey percent numbers dont include this.  it shows 120/400 .    But should be something like 720 of 2400?   ish.

I saw above posts that suggested maybe it would not update without restarting KSP2, so I tried multiple save/quit to desktop and restartting -- no luck

Also tried changing my settings: 

-- Only show discovered planets:   YES -> NO

-- Only show unlocked experiments:  YES -> NO

and then doing another shutdown + restart of KSP2.   Still no change.

I'll update post with a link to a steam screenshot showing the Science Arkive window AND the science inventory window, but its tuesday and steam community servers are down for like 20min or so...

screenshot: 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

PS - maybe its somehow cause you can't actually LAND on Kerbol?   just a random thought.

Thanks and GL!

- CFTeague2

Edited by CFTeague2
screenshot and minor -ps idea + Version Note + retest results

Hi!   While driving my rover across eve, I was browsing the science arkive, for the Marine Survey experiment which ive recently unlocked.

biome names marked as spoilers, in case.

Spoiler

I noticed the list for LAYTHE, "Splashed" is different from the list for LAYTHE "Landed"

-- splashed has 5 entries:   Heart Lake / Lakes / Ocean / Shallows/ SHORES

-- Landed has only 4 entries:   Heart Lake / Lakes / Ocean / Shallows

Also, I noticed the NUMBERS for the EVE locations are different.

-- EVE SPLASHED for Seas + Shores are only 28/12.

-- EVE LANDED for Seas + Shores are 5600/2400.

EDIT:

FYI More examples for EVE --  every experiment with a "SPLASHED" section, has wrong "very low" numbers for the splashed biomes:

-- Surface Survey, Marine Survey (as noted above), Environment Survey, Radiation Observation, and Crew Observation

Thanks, and I still love the mod!

-CFTeague2

Edited by CFTeague2
more examples

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I found small bug. I was doing region scan by Orbital Survey of Jool and when it reaches 75% I return to vehicle and press send reports. It send reports of 75% as a first and than 50%, 25% but when I checked Science Archives it only mark me 75% as done.  I did save the game and now I can't go back to fix this. Any way to change something in save file to fix this?