Is it helpful for folks playing on emulators to submit bug reports or nah?

Hey, Im not sure if this is the right place for this question. Im currently playing on a mid-spec macbook using Parallels. Is it helpful for me to submit bug reports or might that not be useful because Im on Mac? For instance I've noticed re-setting keybinds for throttle delta doesn't stick when I reboot the game but I can't tell if thats a mac/parallels specific issue? Other bugs seem very to be clearly not mac related and a lot of folks are echoing the same behaviors but again I know my machine isn't officially being supported. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

I would say it's always good to report bugs if you have the time.

Performance and crash issues will probably be more uncertain coming from an emulator. For other problems, I think it's absolutely fine. I would even say there is a higher chance your problem is not linked to your emulator rather than the opposite.

Besides, if you report bugs on machines not officially supported (below specs or different platform), people who have this bug can also answer it (to say they have it too). People that might have supported specs, removing the doubt of the hardware specific problem.

And it can even be an advantage; to pinpoint that the problem is hardware specific, I can think of this bug for instance:

That we think is linked to having an iGPU.

Edited by Spicat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.