mods expanding EVA?

I know (really, hope) that things like EVA construction, EVA science and EVA repairs are coming much later. but I would like a mod that adds those to KSP2 while waiting, and something (that I don't think will be in KSP2) that adds parts like winches, cables, hitches, etc. essentially, a mod that combines the KAS and KIS mods and the BG expansion, all from the original.

Edited by Kerbal410

update with ideas as I have found that the mod itself would (potentially) be part of the game or in a DLC in the future, considering that is how some of the BG features ended up. just things that keep it relevant is all.

optional life support in the settings. just some type of food source, noting complex. I am looking for something that adds challenge to maintaining stations. the food source would be something that uses the inventory system needed for a KAS/KIS/BG mod, but also something that can replenish itself every so often. perhaps a greenhouse that funnels produce into containers?

I was also thinking of a strut that a Kerbal can attach to a craft to keep themselves linked to it, but can also be cut and reattached, and can be stored in a container when not in use.

Edited by Kerbal410

On 1/16/2024 at 2:36 PM, Kerbal410 said:

optional life support in the settings. just some type of food source, noting complex. I am looking for something that adds challenge to maintaining stations. the food source would be something that uses the inventory system needed for a KAS/KIS/BG mod, but also something that can replenish itself every so often. perhaps a greenhouse that funnels produce into containers?

There are life support mods for KSP 2 currently available. I don't love the implementation. They strike me as either too easy or too hard, by virtue of their conceptualization. With the timescales at play, it isn't sensible to have to micromanage Kerbals (unless fully roleplaying/simming real-world missions in which case maybe that works for you).

For me, I'd like to have something that requires a large up-front cost outlay ($$$ - this is one reason why I already miss currency in KSP) and/or the setup of a simple supply chain, after which point the life support becomes fully self-sustaining. Thus it does present an immediate mission-critical goal and require some investment, but does not threaten to bog down a player who is juggling even two space stations and an active interplanetary transfer.

On 1/16/2024 at 2:36 PM, Kerbal410 said:

I was also thinking of a strut that a Kerbal can attach to a craft to keep themselves linked to it, but can also be cut and reattached, and can be stored in a container when not in use.

I was always hopeful for a tether mod in KSP1 but never found a mod which implemented it. I still think it an excellent idea.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.